Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

Can no longer connect to "My Music"

Yesterday I could access My Music without problems - I use the Windows Media Player "My Music" folder. Today my Soundtouch app won't connect to it. It just suggests retrying in a few seconds, which is not only not helping, but becomes very irritating when it doesn't work!

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Soundtouch. but that changed nothing.

I guess I could do a total uninstall, cleaning up all the files, registry etc., and then go through the rigmarole of setting it all up again, but I'd rather not.

I have a Win 10 PC, 64-bit, fully updated, Norton Security Suite running. I've checked that outside apps are allowed to access WMP.

Any suggestions as to how I can get "My Music" back - I use it a lot? All suggestions gratefully received.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 8, 2017

Re: Can no longer connect to "My Music"

Hi, I am facing the same issue with my SoundTouch 20 but when trying to use spotify which seemed to be looking for connectivity, the thing is that the system is not working but just playing local or international radio stations.
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

I have I have now half-solved my problem, in that I found a way to create a second “My Music” by going to Settings > Music Services > Music library on Computer.

But that doesn’t explain why the “proper” one won’t work. 

Maybe this might help you too?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi clearcomms, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue. Was the first music library that you added from the same computer as your second library? Can you try to sign out of your SoundTouch account, back in, and re-test to see if this could be stemming from a SoundTouch account issue? Can you also try to unplug both your router and system from power for 30 seconds? Curiously, which system(s) do you have? Also, can you try to reboot your PC to see if that helps? 

Hi cgonzaj,

To clarify, are you having issues both with Spotify and your music libraryor just Spotify? Is the app giving you an error code? Can you try to sign out of your Spotify account, sign back in, and re-test? If this doesn't resolve it, can you also try to unplug your system from power for 30 seconds to see if that helps? Please let us know.

Thank you! 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

Thanks for the reply, Brent - sorry this has been so long coming!

The first music library I added was My Music from my PC. So was the second library; exactly the same files on the same PC. I am playing some music from this as I type, having got the annoying “can’t access your library” message when I tried to connect to the normal My Music link.

i have signed in and out of my Bose account and rebooted my computer and router more than once since all this began, and due to a power cut the system has also been off.

I think my original post made my system fairly clear but I’m happy to repeat it. I run a Win10 64-bit PC on automatic updates. My Bose kit is a Soundtouch Wave 4 and a Soundtouch 10 speaker, both connected to my wireless network, and controlled by the latest version of the Bose app on the PC, and also on my iPad.

As I have said elsewhere I love the sound from the hardware, but am very unimpressed with the software. The latest version has made some improvements to the awful interface of the previous version with less grey text on a white ground, but still seems designed for a look rather than for ease of use.

There is an old engineering principle that if something looks right it probably is. The converse usually also applies: if it works really well, it usually looks good,