Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 1, 2018

Can not add iTunes to SoundTouch

I got my new SoundTouch 10 on Friday. It works fine with my iPhone but on my PC, I CAN NOT add iTunes. I've scoured the forums and tried most suggestions (making sure XML is checked in advanced setting, making sure media streaming is checked etc). One thing that someone did to make it work was to rollback the version of iTunes. I just don't think that is a solution.

So what happens is that after selecting "My iTunes Library" and clicking "ADD MUSIC LIBRARY", it reverts to the "Internet Radio" page.  The Windows Media Player music library can be added without a problem but I do not have music there except for about 5 demo music.  

I've tried uninstalling, logging off, re-starting, turning off firewall but nothing works.

This is so frustrating!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Can not add iTunes to SoundTouch

Hello benatodi,

I'm so sorry to hear the music library issue that you're running into, but I would like to help you get this resolved.

There is a few pieces of information I would like to gather to better understand what is going on.

• Is your network adapter set to private or public (you would want this set to private)
  • Is the music store in the cloud or on the actual computer?
  • What drive location is the music store on in your computer?
  • What version of windows are you using?

Let us know the results and thank you for posting on the community.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 1, 2018

Hi Joel,

- network adapter is set to private.

- the music is on the actual computer.

- the music in in drive K.

- PC is running on Windows 8.

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello benatodi

Thanks for replying back!  

With the music on the K drive, is this installed on the machine or an external drive?  Also, do you happen to know if the XML file is on the C drive or the K drive with your music?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A