ZdenekP
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 22, 2017

Can not connect my SoundTouch on Desktop PC (Win7, 64)

Hi, 

I have 2 issue on laptop HP EliteBook (SoundTouch Wireless Link):

On my iPhone7 everythig works.

#1 - SoundTouch app on my PC works after update to 16.140.46. I see my device under my account, but PC can not connect to my device. Have same wifi on my phone, PC and Device. It worked before update.

#2 - I can not do device setup by PC. When I open App, it say: Device is connected on USB, everything looks good but during setup it say: No device connected to PC... No change if I reconnect or not USB cable as it asked for during setup.

What I tried:

1) reinstal application to last version

2) add new Blootooth device to my PC - no problem, it is visible as headphones

3) wifi channel to 9 (with auto mode channel my device cannot connect to my wifi, my wifi was not visible on device, still 5 meters between devices)

4) update my device by phone

5) SoundTouchC - no change

6) Firewall check - SoundTouch app / server.exe - both allowed

7) couple times try to reconect my device to my account

😎 start App as Admin - no chnage

Thanks for help. I am trying to fix it over week...

Zdenek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
ZdenekP
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 22, 2017

Re: Can not connect my SoundTouch on Desktop PC (Win7, 64)

Author Accepted Answer selected by ZdenekP

Hi Brandon_M,

thanks for help, now everything working.

Here are my last steps, if someone have same issue.

#1 - Kaspersky really block USB comunication during setup ( I switched off Anti Vir for a  while and everything start working). I switched off Antivir, not just one function. After succes setup I swichted on again, ofcourse.

#2 - SoundTouch Helper was not in firewall list at all. So I add it in exception list. NO change, app still cannot find my device. I gave it up for some days and today, when I switched Off my Anti Vir, it finally find my device and since then it find my device always (with Anti Vir ON also). Not sure how and why .....

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Zdenek,

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your system.

So you cannot find the SoundTouch system on the SoundTouch app on your computer, but it works fine on your iPhone, correct?

What firewall/anti-virus are you using?  I see that you allowed the SoundTouch app/server through.

Are you possibly using a Wi-Fi extender or repeater?  This could possibly cause issues if not configured correctly.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
ZdenekP
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 22, 2017

Hi Brandon_M,

#1 - correct, SoundTouch system works perfectly with my iPhone. 

#2 - Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 , ver 10.2.4.674

#3 - wifi dual-band rourer Asus RT-AC750 (setup just for 2,4GHz, channel 9 or auto - I tried both, with auto I cannot SoundTouch connect to wifi thru phone neither, auto channel 13 => have to use manual channel 9 ) + AP mode, Firewall & share IP & NAT deactivated, TelNET off

This is how it looks connected on USB. Next step: setup => Wifi (I know I have to disconect and connect USB during setup) =>2x fail => recomendation message "Do it rather thru your phone" or something like this.

SoundTouch.jpg

Thanks,

Zdenek

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi ZdenekP,

Thanks for the information (and the message translation as well 😄 )

I wonder if the Kaspersky firewall is blocking SoundTouch Helper.  Can we add SoundTouchHelper.EXE as well to the exceptions list?

As well, there is a feature in Kaspersky called "Device Control" that may limit communication from the SoundTouch app to USB connected devices.  Can we disable this?  I've included instructions on how to disable this.

Thanks,

-Brandon

To enable or disable Device Control from the application settings window:

1. Open the application settings window (see page 43).
2. In the left part of the window, in the Endpoint control section, select Device Control.
    In the right part of the window, the settings of the Device Control component are displayed.
3. Do one of the following:

•  If you want to enable Device Control, select the Enable Device Control check box.
  •  If you want to disable Device Control, clear the Enable Device Control check box.

4. To save changes, click the Save button.

Highlighted
ZdenekP
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 22, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by ZdenekP

Hi Brandon_M,

thanks for help, now everything working.

Here are my last steps, if someone have same issue.

#1 - Kaspersky really block USB comunication during setup ( I switched off Anti Vir for a  while and everything start working). I switched off Antivir, not just one function. After succes setup I swichted on again, ofcourse.

#2 - SoundTouch Helper was not in firewall list at all. So I add it in exception list. NO change, app still cannot find my device. I gave it up for some days and today, when I switched Off my Anti Vir, it finally find my device and since then it find my device always (with Anti Vir ON also). Not sure how and why .....

View solution in original post