Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 21, 2018

Can't Connect SoundTouch 20 to Network

Hello. I just moved to Brazil and brought my Soundtouch 20 with me. I have tried everything the online support suggests, including this forum but the unit just won’t connect to the network using the App. The network is supplied by Vivo. The router is a MITRASTAR Model: DSL-2401HN-T1C-NV
I have unplugged, reset it, reset the factory default of the Bose (1 minus). It looks like it is set on 2.4 ghz as prescribed. Three of us tried separately. To no avail. Thank you for your help. Olivier
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Can't Connect SoundTouch 20 to Network

Author Accepted Answer selected by Olivierc

Hello Olivierc,

Thank you for the response and additional details!

Since we have tried 2 different networks with same results and you are unable to Ethernet, I would suggest to contact service. If you go HERE, select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us" and a phone number will be displayed for support.

Warm Regards,

Joel

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello Olivierc

Thanks for posting in the community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be glad to help!

Can you provide any error messages/codes that you receive in the app when trying to setup the system?  Screen shots would be beneficial as well!

Let us know so we can resolve the issue!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 21, 2018

Thank you Tony
I happened to try yesterday on someone’s else network and it did the same
(How do I upload screen shots? Sorry but I do not see a way here)

Sequence of events
After having even gone back to factory setting 1 and minus) then preparing for setup with 2 and minus
1. I open the app
2. It asked me to connect to the Bose soundtouch WiFi network
3. I see it in my settings and I connect normally to it
4. Once connected to the soundtouch, I go back to the app and it says in a new screen “add your soundtouch speaker to your network”
5. Below the message in the first square I choose my network (no problem, the app sees it)
6. I enter my password and click “connect”
7. A new screen appears “connecting.....please wait, this could take a minute or two. Your speaker’s WiFi status indicator will show you what’s going on”

Upon doing this, about 20 seconds later, the light goes from amber solid to flashing white.
It lasts about 1:30 mn and then the following message appears “system not found on network. Select the button that matches the status of your WiFi indicator. “
Eventually this is back to solid amber
8. Last it show yet another screen “ speaker did not connect to the network” “try entering your password again” “your speaker may be out of range (not) of your router etc...

I can send screen shots. But how?

Thanks for your help
Olivier

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Olivierc

Thanks for getting back with the detailed notes, much appreciated!  You mentioned this happened at a friends home as well, do you know if they have the same network provider?  It sounds like there may be a potential firewall blocking the communication in the router.  Would it be possible to login to the router and see if you can disable it for the setup?  Also, is it possible to test the setup by connecting an ethernet cable from the router to speaker to help rule out possible interference?

Let us know!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 21, 2018

@Tony_A wrote:

Hi Olivierc

Thanks for getting back with the detailed notes, much appreciated!  You mentioned this happened at a friends home as well, do you know if they have the same network provider?  It sounds like there may be a potential firewall blocking the communication in the router.  Would it be possible to login to the router and see if you can disable it for the setup?  Also, is it possible to test the setup by connecting an ethernet cable from the router to speaker to help rule out possible interference?

Let us know!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Hello Tony

Thank you again for the answer. My unit does not have an Ethernet connection unfortunately. No no direct plug connection...

I entered the settings of the router. All I have tried thus far, in the firewall tab is check the Status from "Reject" to "accept". It did not work either.

I have captured screen shots of the router. You can see them by downloading them at the following link

Download link https://wetransfer.com/downloads/9c8490ad223853a52a45b0d4c03045d620180729140624/bde111e94ebaf04b0840...

I apologize for my comment the other day saying I could not find an icon to upload screen shots. It is available on the web PC, not from a smart phone

thank you again for your help

Regards

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Olivierc

Hello Olivierc,

Thank you for the response and additional details!

Since we have tried 2 different networks with same results and you are unable to Ethernet, I would suggest to contact service. If you go HERE, select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us" and a phone number will be displayed for support.

Warm Regards,

Joel

View solution in original post