Highlighted
MollyOeltjen
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 7, 2018

Can't Connect SoundTouch20 to my account

Yes, you've seen this problem countless times and here it is again. I have tried endlessly to connect to my account with no luck for well over a month. I can connect to my network but not to my Bose account.

Here is the rundown:

• My speaker worked beautifully for ages and then decided not to
  • I have reset the speaker to factory defaults
  • I have uninstalled and reinstalled the SoundTouch app on my iPhone 8 and MacBook Pro so I'm running the most current version
  • I am using OS 10.13.5 on my MacBook Pro
  • I have restarted speaker/computer/phone to no avail
  • I have used two different MacBook Pros, my iPhone 8, and an iPad to try to log in multiple times
  • I have logged out of my Bose account and logged back in
  • I created two different Bose accounts using other emails, no luck with either
  • I happened to purchase a new Linksys Velop router (was on an Apple TimeCapsule) and illogically hoped a miracle would happen
  • I contacted my ISP and they were no help

At this point, I'm hoping there's a magic button someone at Bose can click on to make my speaker talk to my account. Please help. I've attached screenshots in case it's helpful.

Thank you in advance!

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 4.49.34 PM.pngST20 account info.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MollyOeltjen
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 7, 2018

Re: Can't Connect SoundTouch20 to my account

Author Accepted Answer selected by MollyOeltjen

Problem fixed. While trying to figure out how to disable the filewall on the modem/router, my ISP provided a new service where I could upgrade my internet speeds significantly. I immediately tried to reconnect my speaker with Soundtouch and it worked the first attempt. I'm chalking this one up to poor internet options in rural America. Thank you for your time and suggestion, Tony_A.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Hi MollyOeltjen

Thanks for posting in the community!  I'm sorry to hear about the network issues but I'd be glad to help!

It seems you've done quite a bit troubleshooting already and I certainly appreciate that.  It sounds like there's a communication error with our servers to the ecosystem at the moment.  Can we try and see if we can disable the firewall on the modem/router that's connected to the Linksys Velop? 

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony - Community Support 

MollyOeltjen
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 7, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by MollyOeltjen

Problem fixed. While trying to figure out how to disable the filewall on the modem/router, my ISP provided a new service where I could upgrade my internet speeds significantly. I immediately tried to reconnect my speaker with Soundtouch and it worked the first attempt. I'm chalking this one up to poor internet options in rural America. Thank you for your time and suggestion, Tony_A.