shurdsj
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 29, 2018

Can't Sign into Sirius XM Account

My Wave IV and SoundTouch 30 lost their ability to connect to Sirius. I rebooted each. I signed out of my Sirius XM account. However, for several days, I haven't been able to sign back in. Each time I try I get either a 6021 error or a 3903 error.

26 REPLIES 26
shurdsj
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 29, 2018

Re: Can't Sign into Sirius XM Account

I spoke with Sirius XM's corporate care. They don't know why the SoundTouch App isn't able to contact the Sirius XM servers, and they, of course, disclaim responsibility for Bose's app. Since I can sign into the Sirius XM web player app, they believe that Bose has a problem to which it needs to attend. Since I've been able to use Sirius on my Wave IV and SoundTouch 30 for more than 2 years without a problem, I suspect Sirius is correct: Bose has a problem, and I believe it was introduced in the latest update to the SoundTouch App. Of course, I could be wrong, but I really wish someone at Bose would respond!

Hello @shurdsj,

Thank you for the post and I apologize in the delayed response.

Can you test by resetting the password to your Sirius account? The reasoning behind this, is because we have seen this resolve this type of issue in the past.

If this still doesn't resolve the issue, I would like to gather application and system logs from you and get this over to development.

Let me know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

shurdsj
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 29, 2018

Thank you for your suggestion. Like you, I've been busy.

I had already changed my password. It didn't alter the SoundTouch App's response.

In any case, as the folks at Sirius noted: whether I'm using SoundTouch or their website, I'm interacting with their one and only one server. So, as long as I don't have a problem using their interface on their website, I should be able to use the same name and password in the SoundTouch App; and, if I can't, the cause is likely a routine in SoundTouch App's code.

Hello shurdsj,

Thank you for the update, I appreciate it. Please check your DM for more information.

Kind Regards,

Joel

bgoum
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 8, 2018

Just bought the Soundtouch Link adapter and getting the same issuue here. I can successfully log into my Sirius account with no issues everywhere EXCEPT through the soundtouch app!  I bought this unit specifically to stream sirius through my home stereo.

Highlighted

Hi bgoum,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community.

Does your SiriusXM account include internet streaming?  If you go to https://player.siriusxm.com/ and log in, are you able to stream stations online?

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Bill M
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 12, 2018

I get the same.  Been trying to fix the past couple of days.  Sirius streams successful to all my devices except Bose Soundtouch20.  I deleted Sirius account and it will not allow re link.  Error 6026.  I called Sirius and confirmed username and password.  I reset the password too.  I then deleted and reloaded the Soundtouch app.  All other services except Sirius play sweet.  Must be Sirius.

Bill M
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 12, 2018

Fixed it!  Check your Sirius “Communications Preference” tab on your Sirius Online Account Center.  There are two Sirius login’s.  The Account Center and Additional Streaming.  Bose goes after Additional Streaming.  Once I changed my Bose setup to the username and password in the Siriius Additional Streaming, wa-la, back in business.

bgoum
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 8, 2018

I do have the additional streaming account and can successfully login to the sirius player sight and stream music directly from the site and also through other devices (iphone, iPad).

I have set and reset my sirius streaming login ID and streaming password multiple times.

Still as of this morning however, I can login from everwhere else but I am getting the same "Try entering your password again (6026)" login error when logging in on the Soundtouch app.