I purchased a Soundtouch 20 a couple years back. Initially it worked fine, then it started to display some teething problems in connecting wirelessly, problems which gradually got worse until it stopped being used wirelessly due to unreliability, and then recently it lost the ability suddenly to connect to the preset radio stations, automatically switching instead to 'Aux'.
I have tried the following:
- reset the ST20, pressing 1+Volume(-) key
- Reset the wireless network
- Attempted to connect to the Bose via USB from my computer (failed to connect)
- Redownloaded the app and tried to connect through there, wirelessly via my phone
- I was able to see the Bose from my phone, and was able to get through the menu until the point where it asks me to name the device, following which it says it couldn't connect and could I try again later. Tried this half a dozen times trying various options but to no avail.
My wife has been through the same pretty tortuous process.
What can I do?
Pretty disappointed with this unit to be honest, the app is pretty poor and there seems to be multiple ways to chuck me off / deny any attempt to reconnect.