portobello1
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2019

Can't connect ST20

Hi

I purchased a Soundtouch 20 a couple years back. Initially it worked fine, then it started to display some teething problems in connecting wirelessly, problems which gradually got worse until it stopped being used wirelessly due to unreliability, and then recently it lost the ability suddenly to connect to the preset radio stations, automatically switching instead to 'Aux'. 

I have tried the following:

- reset the ST20, pressing 1+Volume(-) key

- Reset the wireless network 

- Attempted to connect to the Bose via USB from my computer (failed to connect)

- Redownloaded the app and tried to connect through there, wirelessly via my phone

- I was able to see the Bose from my phone, and was able to get through the menu until the point where it asks me to name the device, following which it says it couldn't connect and could I try again later. Tried this half a dozen times trying various options but to no avail. 

My wife has been through the same pretty tortuous process. 

What can I do?

Pretty disappointed with this unit to be honest, the app is pretty poor and there seems to be multiple ways to chuck me off / deny any attempt to reconnect. 

Thanks,

Neil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: Can't connect ST20

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi Portobello1, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. From your message above it is to my understanding that you have the AUX still plugged in when using other methods for example Bluetooth. 

I would highly recommend ensuring that the AUX is no longer connected when using other methods of connecting to the speaker. I would also recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

The reason that I suggest this is because I believe that it may be an issue of the device needing to be updated to the latest software and is unable to do so.

Please let me know what response you get from the team. 

I am deeply sorry that I could not assist you further on this platform. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hector_B

Hi Portobello1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues with your SoundTouch 20. However, I would love to help, thank you for already attempting some troubleshooting steps. I have a few questions I would like to ask so I can get a better understanding of your issue: 

• Firstly when experiencing the Aux issue do you have an aux cable plugged into the device when trying to connect via other methods? 
  • Have you tried moving the speaker into a different room to see if the Wifi reliability improves?
  • Connecting the ST20 to a different PC to attempt to update the speaker?
  • What WiFi LED are you getting on the front of your device? (The speaker depends on a Wifi connection for Presets) 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
portobello1
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2019

Hi Hector B

Thanks for the prompt reply! Have had a look at the things you suggested...

• Firstly when experiencing the Aux issue do you have an aux cable plugged into the device when trying to connect via other methods? Yes I have tried this
  • Have you tried moving the speaker into a different room to see if the Wifi reliability improves? The speaker sits right next to the WIFI hub
  • Connecting the ST20 to a different PC to attempt to update the speaker? I have tried it wirelessly through my handheld device, and then directly through my PC.
  • What WiFi LED are you getting on the front of your device? (The speaker depends on a Wifi connection for Presets) The WIFI LED is signalling a working connection (when trying wirelessly through my handheld device)

Thanks

Neil

Hector_B

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi Portobello1, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. From your message above it is to my understanding that you have the AUX still plugged in when using other methods for example Bluetooth. 

I would highly recommend ensuring that the AUX is no longer connected when using other methods of connecting to the speaker. I would also recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

The reason that I suggest this is because I believe that it may be an issue of the device needing to be updated to the latest software and is unable to do so.

Please let me know what response you get from the team. 

I am deeply sorry that I could not assist you further on this platform. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

View solution in original post