Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 16, 2016

Can't enable Alexa skill: fails at ID stage

As the Alexa skill has appeared in the UK skills list I have tried enabling it for my echo dot. I get to the point where I have entered my email address and password, it accepts the password and directs me to an OpenID Proxy Page (https://id.api.bose.io). At this point the remainder of the screen below the header bar remains white and the app just hangs. Is there a fix? I'm on the same WiFi network as the echo dot. I can enable other skills via account linking (having for example completed the BBC linking immediately after I tried Bose).

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 16, 2016

Re: Can't enable Alexa skill: fails at ID stage

UPDATE: I decided to try on my iPad having previously used a Nexus 6 using Chrome. For some reason I can't log in to the Bose forum using Chrome on Android or iMac so thought that might be the issue. It was. I successfully logged in using Safari on an iPad but now can discover only one of three devices. Any help mods? I've waited a long time for this and it's quite frustrating.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello @ViscountFishpond,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear about this issue with the Alexa skill. I have escalated this to the right department for you. If there is any additional information needed, we will reach out to you.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

I had the same issue so I called Bose Support (UK) Nick told me the problem was caused by having the same email address for the Sound Touch App & the Bose Community, (apparently this confused the system!) I used a different email address & was able to successfully pair my Sound Touch 20 with Alexa & get it working. I was told Bose are aware if this issue & hopefully will resolve it.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 16, 2016

Been a while struggling with this but i noticed when I started the app on my iPad that an old name (i used to prefix the speaker names with my initials and a number) was briefly displaying before the new names showed. I wondered whether this was confusing things as the only speaker it did find was one that had never been renamed and maybe a cache needed clearing. I decided to do a factory reset on each of the other speakers and hey presto - Alexa control. It shouldn't be this tricky but at least it works now.