Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tinhtam1971
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Can't link account with Alexa soundbar 700

Hello,

I just got my soundbar 700 and tried to enable SoundTouch Alexa Skill and got a problem linking soundtouch account.  Please advice.  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Charlotte_G

Re: Can't link account with Alexa soundbar 700

Hello tinhtam1971, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some problems with Alexa of your Soundbar 700. 

Are receiving a particular error code at all? Additionally, could you please confirm which country you are currently located in?

I look forward to your response.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
tinhtam1971
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Hello,

I am from California.  Just got my soundbar 700 last 4 days ago.  I didn't get any error at all.  I have set up successfully for everything (connection to TV...checked, connection to amazon music...checked, connection to bluetooth...checked), even Alexa is working if I ask it to brief the news or weather.  However, whenever I ask "Alexa, play a song" or "Alexa, play some music" then it says I need to enable skill for soundbar 700 with Alexa app (which I have tried to go into Alexa app and look for "bose" and "bose soundtouch control" and then enable the skill).  But there's a "settings" button with a note on the side saying "account linking required".  I then click on that button and try to enter this account I have set up.  But then it says "Could not sign you in to your SoudTouch account".  Please advice.

Hector_B

Hi Tinhtam1971, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. The reason that you aren't able to do this is that the Soundbar 700 doesn't use the Bose SoundTouch Skill as it is not a SoundTouch product. You will just need to use the Skill labeled Bose. You can find the correct skill linked here. 

Please let us know if you have any issues with this skill. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
tinhtam1971
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Hello,

I have tried everything and Alexa still asks to enable the skill for soundbar 700.  Please advice.

Tegan_M

Hi Tinhtam1971,

Thank you for getting back to us regarding this matter. I am very sorry to hear this persists. 

What I would recommend at this stage, is that you contact your regions Bose product support team for further assistance regarding this issue. Please follow the link , select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent will happily do what they can in order to get you connected and enjoying the Bose Alexa Skill.

Many thanks,

Tegan M 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!