Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notakneeler
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2017

Can't set up soundtouch 30

I'm trying to reset a soundtouch 30 to factory defaults to get rid of a nagging issue with the speaker turning itself on after I turn it off - not a big deal but it bleeps each time it does this and every several minutes as it's evidently looking for something to pair with.  But, I want it off - so I did the #1/Vol button reset and now I have the orange blinking icon with the Download Soundtouch Ap message - so, I do that and when going through the steps it says its trying to find the speaker - the speaker/router/computer are within 12" of each other on the same desk.  I have speaker plugged into wall.  I have speaker plugged into computer with USB and micro USB cords.  I disconnect and reconnect, do all the 'stuff' it tells me to do and it still comes back and says it can't find the speaker.  Thus I can't complete the setup and the speaker is just an expensive paper weight.  How do I get the computer and speaker talking to each other?  Note that a week or so ago when I started this madness I was using the speaker with the computer - so at one point it worked.  But I wasn't using any of the bells and whistles, just playing Spotify off of the computer.  Now I can't even do that.  Please help.  Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Can't set up soundtouch 30

Hi notakneeler,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your ST30 system.

Can you do a factory reset on the SoundTouch system, and set it up using a mobile device like a smartphone or tablet instead of your computer?  Once it is setup, lets see if we can see it in the app on the mobile device.

Let me know what happens, and we can continue from there.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support