daniellehewitt16
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

Can't set up soundtouch

I bought a SoundTouch a few days ago and set it up on my phone (HTC - Android). WiFi connection seemed fine (router is Plusnet) - showed a steady white light. Then it tried to update, and when I tried to play music afterwards I had an error message to say that it could not find the update, and then another error saying 'hmm, that didnt work'...

I reset the router, turned the soundtouch off, tried again on the HTC and then again on a Nokia. Still wouldnt work at playing music either through spotify or the internet radios suggested on the soundtouch app. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but it still didn't work. Today I have reset the soundtouch and set up again via USB on my Mac - still isn't working - I have an error number 1043.

When you send music to the speaker you hear a faint sound but no music, and then the soundtouch light on the far right flashes on and off constantly. I can't get it to work and I literally just bought this brand new so I'm kind of disappointed - does anyone have any suggestions or tips?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
daniellehewitt16
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

Re: Can't set up soundtouch

Author Accepted Answer selected by daniellehewitt16

Hi Ryan,

I spoke to Bose Support and they said they thought it was a banding issue (I'm with Plusnet) but I followed their instructions to sort that out and it still didn't work! So I ended up taking it back and saying it was faulty, I got a new one and it worked straight away!!! So maybe consider doing that if you can? I can also post Bose Support instructions on here if you are with plusnet or if they might be transferable to your network???

Good luck!

Danielle

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello daniellehewitt16,

I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue. What SoundTouch system did you purchase? Are you getting an error from the app or the speaker? Also what sources are giving you the 1043 error?

Kind Regards,

Joel

daniellehewitt16
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

Hi Joel,

It's a SoundTouch 10 - the error comes from the app on Android and my Macbook, but when you send music to the speaker you can hear a faint electrical sound, then the soundtouch light (far right) starts flashing amber and that's when I get the error on the app. After the error message comes up the app just says 'uh oh' and doesn't let you send music anymore.

Best wishes,

Danielle

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Danielle,

That sounds like a very weird issue. Have you tried pairing with your mobile device using Bluetooth to the speaker or tried using the aux input on the back? If you could test this for me to rule out that it is not an issue with speaker playing audio. One thing I can suggest trying is performing a factory default on your system by the following steps:

1. Press the system's Power button to turn it on
  2. Press and hold the system's 1 and Volume - buttons for 10 seconds: All front LEDs glow solid after 1 second; after 10 seconds, all front LEDs blink white

4. Once the front LEDs blink white, release the buttons to reboot the system. The LEDs light from left to right several times during reboot
  5. When the Wi-Fi indicator glows amber (signaling setup mode), launch the SoundTouch app to connect the system to the network

Let me know how this turns out.

Thank you,

Joel - Bose Support

daniellehewitt16
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

Hi Joel,

We've tried both of those things and neither have worked - can't play audio through bluetooth or the aux input, even after the factory reset (we've done it twice in the way you described). It still has the flashing amber soundtouch light and that stops you being able to do anything, you can't even turn it off.

I have absolutely no idea what else to try but can't see why it would have this problem straight out of the box.

Best wishes,

Danielle

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Danielle,

Since we have tried all troubleshooting, I would suggest to go HERE, select your country, and choose contact us. I definitely want you to have a working product so you can enjoy it.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Joel - Bose Support

RyanMotz
Participant
Registered since

Jan 21, 2018

Hi Danielle,

From what it sounds like, I have been dealing with the same problem as you! Were you able to figure it out? I really want to enjoy my speaker and listening to a few electrical clicks before flashing amber light silence is not what I call enjoyment! If you could pass it on and help me, that would be great.

Thanks,

Ryan

daniellehewitt16
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by daniellehewitt16

Hi Ryan,

I spoke to Bose Support and they said they thought it was a banding issue (I'm with Plusnet) but I followed their instructions to sort that out and it still didn't work! So I ended up taking it back and saying it was faulty, I got a new one and it worked straight away!!! So maybe consider doing that if you can? I can also post Bose Support instructions on here if you are with plusnet or if they might be transferable to your network???

Good luck!

Danielle

View solution in original post