Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2015

Can the remote on my Lifestyle 135 control the Smart TV functions on my Samsung Smart TV?

I have a Bose Lifestyle 135 system.  The remote controls the on/off & channel changing functions on my TV well.  The Bose system is working with a Samsung Series 6 LED TV, Model UN46ES6500--46LED.  All the apps are built into the TV set but to get to NetFlix, Amazon Instant Video or any of the other functions built into the Smart TV I have to use the Samsung remote or as an alternative switch the Bose system to my BluRay player to access these functions.
Can the remote on my Lifestyle 135 also control the Smart TV functions built into my Samsung TV?  If so, how do I go about doing it?
Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Can the remote on my Lifestyle 135 control the Smart TV functions on my Samsung Smart TV?

Hi Jwach,

It may be worthwhile to double-check the remote code we are using for the TV. Press the "Setup" button on the front of the console and choose "TV setup" > "Manual Remote Setup" . The remote code that we have listed for your Samsung UN46ES6500 is: T-2150; Make sure that Samsung is selected as your brand and that this is the code being used.
If none of the buttons on your Bose remote seem to map to the function you want even with that code, then this may not be a function of the TV our remote can access. 
Thank you.