Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2016

Can the system remember Speaker groups / ST10 Stereo pairs ?

Dear Community / Bose,
in general, I am quite happy with the performance and especilaly stability of my ST-30 and single ST-10. The great feature of the preset buttons secured full acceptance by  my wife as well, since to her it is now a "Radio" with an on/off switch, and preselect buttons... 😉
I left a fortune spent on LG Music Flow (for sale) due to it's complete lack of stability. However....
Question:
I am anxious to buy an additonal ST-10, now the feature of Stereo pairing seems to be available in the new release.
Here are my concerns, and I ask advice from the community of anyone who can verify this : 
Fact: when I group my ST30 and single ST10, this works great. However, if I switch things off (like you do when you go to bed), the group is lost. Every time I turn on my system, I always have to grab my iPad or iPhone as well, to regroup my ST30 and ST10.
Q1: if I would group two ST10's as a stereo pair, will my system remeber this after powering off ? Can anyone verify this ?
Q2: can I group my ST30 with a grouped ST10 stereo pair ? Same question on "remembering" this group in the morning...
Q3: I would assume to Jason, as  a Bose rep - any plans for a "remember" groups function? I am to spend more money on more speakers (i.e. bose business case I would assume)...
I read in earlier posts that ST is meant to be a multi room speaker system, and remembering things is therefore not a needed feature. This is where you are wrong, this is where the need for more speakers should convince your DevOps crew to urgently patch it in....
kind regards,
John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Can the system remember Speaker groups / ST10 Stereo pairs ?

Author Accepted Answer selected by John van Veggel

Hi John van Veggel, 

Q1 - The ST10s will remain as a pair until you 'unpair' them even after shutting the systems off. 

Q2 - You can group the ST30 with the 10s but since we don't have persistent grouping yet, this group will not be remembered like the paired ST10s

Q3 - This is something that is being investigated. 

I hope this helps clarify.

Thank you!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2016

Anyone ? (With two ST10's) ... who can verify this and confirm please ?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by John van Veggel

Hi John van Veggel, 

Q1 - The ST10s will remain as a pair until you 'unpair' them even after shutting the systems off. 

Q2 - You can group the ST30 with the 10s but since we don't have persistent grouping yet, this group will not be remembered like the paired ST10s

Q3 - This is something that is being investigated. 

I hope this helps clarify.

Thank you!!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2017

Persistent grouping would be really useful. I have 3 speakers in the same area and have to use the app to add them to a group each time I listen to music. Because of this the preset buttons are pretty useless to me as I have to open the app anyway to add the extra speakers.

Now that stereo pairing is available for the ST10 I only have to add the ST10 pair to my ST30 so it's slightly better but still a pain.

PLEASE add persistent grouping!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2015

Please build out this functionality.  It will allow me to buy more speakers.