Highlighted
Hardball79
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 4, 2015

Can you connect two Soundtouch 10's to the Soundtouch 130 for 5.1 surround?

I have searched the forum but could not find a topic. The Sonos allows your to connect two Play 1's to the Play bar and Play Base to create 5.1 surround, basically the two Play 1's are assigned left and right. Can the soundtouch do the same thing by connecting two 10's to the 130 sound bar system? I want a wireless home theatre system and like the Sonos for this feature however, they only have Optical out from TV to the Play Bar, so you can't get true 5.1 or DTS. I like the Soundtouch 130 for this feature along with 4K pass through, but would like to add satelite speakers for true surround sound. Or do i have to go to the Soundtouch 520? It seems to be the only surround sound system with 4K pass through. I do not like the wired speakers though, would prefer all wireless.
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jul 14, 2015

Re: Can you connect two Soundtouch 10's to the Soundtouch 130 for 5.1 surround?

Hi Hardball79,
I would be happy to help with your question. You will not be able to add two SoundTouch 10 speakers to any SoundTouch home theater system to perform as rear speakers. If you are looking for a true 5.1 surround sound experience I would recommend the SoundTouch 520 with the 5 independent satellite speakers.
The speakers would have to be hardwired to the SoundTouch console they cannot be wireless. It sounds like you are looking for a wireless rear speaker option, but we do not have an option for that type of setup. All our 5.1 systems have to be hardwired.
I hope this helps with your question,
Shawn
Highlighted
Hardball79
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 4, 2015

Are there plans to add such a feather to the Soundtouch 10 speakers? You can connect to other Soundtouch speakers though correct? Just not as dedicated rear speakers? What would it be like to add two soundtouch 10's to the Soundtouch 520 in the same room?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jul 14, 2015

I have not heard any plans yet to allow SoundTouch 10 speakers to be used for rear channel surround sound use. We are planning to allow two SoundTouch 10 speakers together for left and right stereo pairing. Please check the link below for announced upcoming features.
Click here
Shawn
Highlighted
djadam
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 26, 2016

I have the soundtouch 130 system. Are there any wireless speakers that I can connect to that system for a surround sound?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Hi Djadam, 
There are no additional speakers that can be connected to the SoundTouch 130 for surround sound. Any other connected soundTouch products would act as separate rooms of audio and stream music only from the SoundTouch app.
Thank you for your question.
Highlighted
Chiquoss
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 3, 2016

Hi Shawn,
thank you for the clarification. 
What about the SoundTouch 300 ? Will it be compatible with Soundtouch 10 as rear speakers (like the Sonos 1 with the Sonos soundbar) ?
Thank you

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Chiquoss,
The SoundTouch 300 is compatible with the VI 300 wireless rear speakers and the AM 300 Bass module to expand its surround sound playback. This cannot be done with the SoundTouch 10 however.
Thank you for your question. 
Highlighted
PeterD0404
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 15, 2016

Just to confirm what was said above..  On the SoundTouch 130, you can not add any speakers to it.  Regardless of wired or wireless speakers..  No possible what so ever.  
Reason for my question, is that Hardball79 mentioned that you can use Play 1's with the playbar.  But George says NO.
If I can connect wired speakers to the SoundTouch 130.  What parts required?  
Thanks in advance.
Highlighted
abmaull
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 11, 2017

Shawn,

We still should be able to connect 2 SoundTouch 10 speakers to the SoundTouch 130 Home theater system using the SoundTouch app, correct?

Once the 2 SoundTouch 10 are connected to the SoundTouch 130 Home theater system, can the SoundTouch 10s be set in stereo mode?