Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 16, 2015

Can you stream AUX to other SoundTouches?

I have the SoundTouch 30 series III, and am thinking of aumenting the system with the 20 series in another room.
I was wondering if you are listening to an LP on the AUX or another tune via a connected Bluetooth device, will it stream that analog signal to other speakers (for example the ST20 in another room) connected to the same wifi network? Or does it only simultaneously stream music to all speakers originating from the internet?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
Registered since

Nov 16, 2015

Re: Can you stream AUX to other SoundTouches?

Just talked to Bose, and they said only a BlueTooth device can be streamed to other speakers on the network, but not AUX. (Pity).
Does anyone have any experience with this?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
Registered since

Nov 16, 2015

Just talked to Bose, and they said only a BlueTooth device can be streamed to other speakers on the network, but not AUX. (Pity).
Does anyone have any experience with this?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

That is correct.. For now streaming to other soundtouch systems is only works for bluetooth and sources from internet and music library..
But please see this link..
https://www.soundtouch.com/CommunityDetail?_escaped_fragment_/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_DETAIL&dc=SoundTouch&criteria=ALLQUESTIONS&id=906330000004IVwAAM
Bose has a plan to make aux-in become a multi-room rebroadcasting..
Jordan
Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 16, 2015

Thanks Jordan!
Just checked out the link. Hopefully it'll be a software upgrade!
Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 4, 2015

Ozzi86: I posted a "temporary" solution I am using for this due to the inability to ascertain when is actually the release date for the purported Aux Streaming feature.  Bose s/w develpment practices leave much to be desired form a release schedule and managing their loyal (and heavily invested) clients expectations.  In the meantime while we all eagerly await this feature to be released sometime this decade, you can refer to the following workaround:
https://www.soundtouch.com/CommunityDetail?_escaped_fragment_/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_DETAIL&dc=SoundTouch&criteria=ALLQUESTIONS&id=906330000004IQ3AAM