Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 15, 2018

Cannot Play Music via Alexa when Soundtouch 300 is not on Soundtouch Mode

Hi,

When my Soundtouch 300 isn't set on Soundtouch mode, Alexa cannot switch it over and play music right away.  If it's set on TV mode and I ask it to play a song, it will switch to Soundtouch mode but won't start.  Then I have to ask it again to play the song, to which there will be success.  It used to switch over to Soundtouch mode before no problem and play the track the first time I asked but it hasn't done this in months.  Any thoughts/suggestions here?  It's not the worst thing but it would be ideal if you only had to ask it once.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Cannot Play Music via Alexa when Soundtouch 300 is not on Soundtouch Mode

Hi ajpeebles

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

• Do you recall about when the system was working off the one command?
  • Have you tried removing the speaker from the Alexa app and re-adding it again? 
  • Also have you tried to disable the Bose skill and re-enable as well? 
  • Has a power reset occurred with the speaker and the router yet?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 29, 2018

Hi,
I seem to be having the exact same problem as ajpeebles, up until a month or so ago if you had SoundTouch in tv mode you could ask Alexa to play a song and SoundTouch would automatically switch over to SoundTouch mode to hear music, now it just switches off tv mode and does nothing. I am also having the issue ajpeebles is having in his other post of the sound not muting on soundtouch 300 when giving Alexa a command all these issues started at the same time, I have tried all the troubleshooting listed above which doesn’t resolve either of the issues.
It’s frustrating as it used to work perfectly then just stopped. Any way to get feature back?
Regards
Adam
Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Adam,

Thanks for joining the community!  Sorry to hear you're having the same issues.  

I will try and test and verify this issue here today with our equipment in this ecosystem to see if it's possibly network related or software.  As soon as I have the results, I'll be sure to post them on the community.

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 15, 2018

Hi Tony,

I don't recall exactly when this happened but it has been a number of months now at this point.  I have done the troubleshooting steps below in relation to another problem and no change.  I have also done power resets on the router and the speaker/sub as well, again not related to this problem.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi all,

I reached back out to you through the other post regarding the lack of muting through the speakers during the commands.  Can we try grouping the system and Echo product in the Alexa app, and see if it helps to correct this issue as well.  HERE is a link to the other post.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 15, 2018

Thought I would check back in here.  We solved the muting issue with Alexa but haven't solved this one.

Thanks.

Andrew

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi ajpeebles

Thanks for checking in! 

There is currently a ticket in with the development team at the moment, and we're still awaiting a response.  As soon as we hear anything, we'll be sure to update the Community.

Warm Regards,

Tony A