Kevsta69
Registered since

Jul 29, 2015

Cannot add account

hi all
i have been using the soundlink fine for a few weeks, but today it stopped finding any music so i removed the music service so i could find them again and add them again. when i go to music library and add it shows the previous one's in the music library list but if i try and add them i get an error:
CANNOT ADD ACCOUNT
This account has already been added.
(1024)
is there any way to clear the list so i can add my music again?
thanks
kev
7 REPLIES 7
Michael_Fitzpat
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Oct 6, 2014

Re: Cannot add account

Hello Kebsta69,
The SoundTouch application allows one local library to be added to the account from each user profile on the computer. Curiously, are you trying to add your iTunes or Windows Media Player library to the SoundTouch application?
There may already be a music library added from that user profile on the computer. To check this, if you click on the EXPLORE->SETTINGS->Music Services->Music Library, it should list the music libraries you have added in the past. Does one of them have a text below it that says "This Computer"? If so, that is the library that has been added from that user profile.
If you would like to remove that library, click on the name then choose "Remove Music Library" down below. This should remove that library and allow you to add it once more or add a different program.
Let us know if that helps at all.
jlcme
Participant
Registered since

Jan 18, 2016

The same problem Win10, Windows Media Library. There is no way to remove previous media library, no files displayed. Help please.
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

MXMAVERICK,
The old library will definitely need to be removed before we can add another. Can you let us know the exact text of the error message you get when you try to remove the old library? (using the steps in our previous reply)
Please also include any 4-digit error code the app provides you with when it fails to remove.
Thank you. 
Peter R
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2016

Same problem on macbook.
 I have an iMac that Soundtouch Music Library works fine but when I try to set up another music library based on the iTunes content of my Macbook I get 
CANNOT ADD ACCOUNT This account has already been added. (1024) - this is presubly the error code
I look to see if there is already a library on my macbook and there isnt one (just one on my iMac)
Ive already rmeoved and reinstalled the soundtouch app from macbook but with no success
Oddly this did work at Xmas when I bought Bose system but glitch has developed this week.
Any ideas
Peter
Peter R
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2016

As a follow up to previous post - installed software onto my sons Macbook and it works fine from there.  So there is clearly somethin rwsiding on my own macbook, or a setting that preventing me setting up a Music library on my own laptop.  Its as if system thinks there is a music library there, but doesnt display it or let me delete it before re-adding.
Thomas_O
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 22, 2015

Hello PKR,
Sorry that you are seeing the same issue. A 1024 error can have a couple different causes:

• The first thing to do would be to remove all music libraries from the Soundtouch account, even if they are not the library located on the computer in question, then to attempt to re-add the library and see if the issue persists.
  • If you still receive a 1024 error even when there are no libraries in your account, please sign out, then back into the account and try to add the library again.
  • If this also does not resolve, you can try to create a new Soundtouch account under a different email, and the re-add your systems to this account, then try to add your music library to the new account instead. This will help exclude the possibility that the issue lies in the account itself.

Please try these steps and leave us a reply below if you need any further assistance.
Thank you
Peter R
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2016

Well its really odd but I tried once again today to set up a Music Library on my "problem" macbook and it now works fine.
Further to my earlier efforts to solve problem (detailed above) I set up Guest User on my macbook, installed the Soundtouch app and found that there was no problem adding, using or deleting music libraries from that Guest User.  Hence the issue was clearly nothing to do with the macbook itself, or with firewalls or network setting, but presumably with how my original account was synchronised (or not) with info on the Soundtouch server.  Your advice therefore makes sense, even though I didn’t needd to use it.  However, could I suggest that in future software upgrades you add an option to reset the entire Souchtouch account itself rather than requiring users having to create further accounts.
I.ve still no idea why things started working tofay unless you did comething at your end, or if server purges files at intervals.
BTW other than this system is flawless and I'm most impressed.