Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2018

Cannot add music library to Soundtouch app

I am having problems adding my Windows Media Player library to the Soundtouch app. I click through the menu to add music library on computer, select Windows Media Player library, click add, but nothing happens. It takes me back to the front screen of the app (showing internet radio stations, etc.) but when I go back into the menu there is no music library available. If I go to settings, music services, music library on computer it just shows "you haven't added any music libraries yet". I am not getting any error messages, simply nothing is happening. I have made sure all the streaming options in WMP are allowed but still nothing. 

I have tried everything I can think of - clearing WMP library and re-adding, uninstalling and reinstalling the Soundtouch app, remove and re-adding connected speakers, but nothing seems to be working. 

I am running Windows 10, with WMP v.12. Soundtouch app v17.170.80. There are 3 speakers connected to the system (working perfectly for internet radio!), 2 10s and 1 20. 

Please can anyone help as this is becoming very frustrating!!!

Thanks,

Phil

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Cannot add music library to Soundtouch app

Hi philjyoung,

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this issue. I'd be happy to help!

Thank you for letting us know what troubleshooting steps you've already performed. This definitely helps. 

Here are a few troubleshooting steps we can try:

1. On your computer, open Windows Media Player > Stream. Select both "Allow remote control of my player" and "Automatically allow devices to play my media".
  2. Be sure that all music files are stored locally on your computer, and not on any cloud-connected service. 
  3. Enable Media Streaming in Windows 10:
    1. In the search box on the taskbar, enter the term media streaming
    2. In the search results, select Media streaming options at the top. The Media streaming options window will appear
    3. Select Turn on media streaming to continue. In the Media streaming options window that appears, devices found on the local network will be shown
    4. The SoundTouch system should appear among the list of devices on the local network. Be sure there is a check in the box next to "Allowed"; If there isn't click on the box
    5. If the SoundTouch system does not appear among the list of devices on the local network, change the "Show devices on" option to "All Networks" and check this list to ensure that no SoundTouch systems are listed as blocked

Please let us know if these steps help!

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2018

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your response and suggestions. The settings you described had already been set, however the PC app updated when I opened it yesterday and when I re-tried adding the PC music library it worked! So I still don't know what the problem was, but all seems to be working as expected now. I will let you know if I have any further issues.

Cheers,

Phil

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi philjyoung,

Thanks for providing this update! I'm happy to hear that the update and re-adding the music library seems to have resolved the issue. Please let us know if any further issues occur. 

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support