Highlighted
Milclo1618
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

Cannot connect Soundtouch 520 via ethernet (only wifi)

I am currently connected to my sountouch bar via wifi however tried connecting an ethernet cable direct to my modem for a more stable and faster connection but then I cant see my speaker on the app. Is there something I need to do like disable wifi first or activate ethernet connection somehow? When I try set up a new speaker via ethernet it does not detect my speakers.

1 REPLY 1
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Cannot connect Soundtouch 520 via ethernet (only wifi)

Hi Milclo1618,

Welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear that you've run into a bit of trouble here. Is the SoundTouch app still able to see your speaker when the ethernet cable is unplugged? If so, navigate to 'Settings > Speaker Settings > [Your Speaker Name]' and, from the bottom of the page titled 'Speaker Details', press the button labelled "Remove Speaker".

After the speaker is removed, reinsert the ethernet cable and see if you can set it up again via ethernet.

If this doesn't work, a factory reset of your SoundTouch 520 console should do the trick. 

A factory reset clears all source, volume and network settings from the system and returns it to original factory settings.

1. Press SYSTEM on the remote
  2. Use the down arrow to scroll to "16 FACTORY RESET"
  3. Press the left or right arrow to factory reset the system
  4. Press EXIT to exit the menu.

Please let me know how you get on,

Patrick A - Community Support