Cannot pair SoundTouch 30 speakers into Stereo

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Cannot pair SoundTouch 30 speakers into Stereo

I know the issue has been discussed and requested for years now, but I've just purchased a second SoundTouch 30 speaker for my garage.  I now have two SoundTouch 30 speakers on each side of the garage, and they fill the space with punchy bass and clear highs, but in the end, all I have is a $1000-dollar mono system.  I fail to understand why stereo pairing isn't offered on SoundTouch 30 speaker?

My family and I are well vested in the Bose line of products, with three headphones, and about 8 speakers.

Bose, rock music just doesn't sound good in mono.  Please implement stereo pairing for Soundtouch 20 and 30 speakers.  

4 REPLIES
Animated Arbiter

Re: Cannot pair SoundTouch 30 speakers into Stereo

Siundtouch 20 and Soundtouch 30 speakers are stereo speakers and in the case of the Soundtoucb 30 also with built in waveguides to bounce the sound around.

if you are indeed hearing mono sound, check you are not playing a mono source, that you can hear sound from both sides of the front of the unit, that you did not place the units in a corner facing away from you, also check how far between the front of the unit and the wall behind you. Soundtouch units are intended for typical domestic use, so they will not sound as good if used in a very large area where the walls are too far away where it might wrongly sound similar to mono if you have a room large big enough to have echoes especially from large structures.

if you want to have two or more units play the same music/sound you need to use the Play All feature from the Soundtouch app when the units are networked together either via ethenet cable to a router or same wifi. Play all can use internet radio, bluetooth, local network storage or steaming services initiated from one of the devices.

By stereo pairing I assume you mean pairing two mono units via bluetooth to create a pair and that is only required on the Soundtoucb 10, Resolve etc.

Silent Starter

Hi David,
Thanks for your response.

Yup, I understand I can play the same music through two SoundTouch 30 speakers. It’s how I currently play music in my garage. I also understand each SoundTouch 30 speaker is a stereo speaker. However, the speaker is rather small, so trying to fill a large room (or a garage, in my case) with two of these speakers placed apart, it would be far richer to have each play a designated L and R channel.

With both speakers playing the same stereo sound, I essentially have a combined mono sound on my garage.

If they could enable the feature on the SoundTouch 10, then I’m sure they could do it in the 20/30 as well.

Hello Mr. Freeman,

I'll pass along your recommendation to the development team to see if this can be added.  I believe their reasoning for not adding stereo pairing is because the SoundTouch 20 and 30 are stereo speakers, while the SoundTouch 10 is by itself a mono speaker.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Animated Arbiter

I suspect the best solution for you may be the Soundtouch sa5 and related speaker package as that is intended for larger more open areas.

It would help the Moderators if you mentioned the approximate size and shape of the garage. Soundtouch 10 is for kitchen use, 20 for usual rooms and 30 for larger enclosed rooms and for your garage its propably too big for the ST30s waveguide (or any Soundbar).