Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Cannot transfer my Soundtouch 20 Series III from Auxiliary to Bluetooth

Author Accepted Answer selected by pascualdiolola

Hi Pascual,

There is one more thing I would like for you to try.  The Bluetooth might not be showing up because the software on the SoundTouch 20 is out of date.  Check the software by holding down the VOL- and 5 buttons on top of the system until you get system information.  Press the VOL- button until you reach "4.2 Version'.  If the software is earlier than version 10.X, you will need to connect the system to Wi-Fi and update the software.

If the software update doesn't resolve the issue, I would contact Eleksis in the Philippines, as they are the only local Bose dealer.  Their information is located here: https://global.bose.com/en_us/asia_pacific/philippines.html

If you have anymore questions please let me know.

Best Regards,

Brandon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Pascual,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having.  Do you mean that the system won't go into Bluetooth mode?  If you press the Bluetooth button on the top of the system, what happens?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 4, 2017

Dear Brandon M.,
Nothing happens when I press the button on top of the system, the front panel still showing AUX. I'm currently working in cruiseship that's why I wasn't able to test it when I bought it nor return it when I discovered bluetooth mode isn't working. If this is factory defect, do you think I can send it to Bose in Asia when I get home in the Philippines? Any suggestion where I can send it to?

Thanks,
Pascual
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by pascualdiolola

Hi Pascual,

There is one more thing I would like for you to try.  The Bluetooth might not be showing up because the software on the SoundTouch 20 is out of date.  Check the software by holding down the VOL- and 5 buttons on top of the system until you get system information.  Press the VOL- button until you reach "4.2 Version'.  If the software is earlier than version 10.X, you will need to connect the system to Wi-Fi and update the software.

If the software update doesn't resolve the issue, I would contact Eleksis in the Philippines, as they are the only local Bose dealer.  Their information is located here: https://global.bose.com/en_us/asia_pacific/philippines.html

If you have anymore questions please let me know.

Best Regards,

Brandon

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 4, 2017

Hi Brandon,
I downloaded the update and now I can enjoy my wireless music. Thanks a lot for your help and time.

Pascual
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Awesome!  Glad to help!

Enjoy!

-Brandon