Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GREEN_S
Participant
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Cant connect soundtouch700 to wifi

Hi All,

Ive had my Soundtouch700 for over a year now but have not been bothered to setup properly due having issues with my router at the time, for the time I was able to connect using the BOSE music app I disconnected the universal remote thought the app. I have a new router now and am looking to connect my soundbar to the wifi network that I have now but my BOSE music app wont find my speaker now so I can connect it and my universal remote isn't connected either, I deleted the speaker from my app also to see if that would work but I still couldn't find it, has anyone had the same issue as this or could point me in the right direction to fix this issue?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Cant connect soundtouch700 to wifi

Author Accepted Answer selected by GREEN_S

Hi GREEN_S,

Thanks for posting and joining us in the community!

We can certainly get your soundbar up and running on your Wi-Fi network, but not having the remote paired, is going to make this quite a bit trickier.

If it is possible to connect the speaker back to your router with an ethernet cable while you re-pair the remote it will make life easier. That way you can get the soundbar found by the app again and follow THESE steps to re-pair the remote.

If this is not possible the process for doing this is a little more complicated. You will want to follow these steps:

• On the remote control, simultaneously press and hold the Volume down and Left navigation buttons for five seconds to clear pairing memory of the remote. The Power, Source Power and TV Input icons at the top of the remote will blink three times.
  • On the soundbar, press and hold the Action ○ button for five seconds. The light bar will glow continuously while the button is being pressed.
  • On the remote control, press the Center navigation button once. Within a few seconds, the six source icons on the remote will blink three times to indicate it has paired with the soundbar.

Once the remote has been reconnected, this gets nice and easy from there. All you will need to do is this:

• On the remote, simultaneously press and hold the TV icon and Skip Back buttons for 3 seconds. When the light bar on the soundbar glows Amber, the soundbar is broadcasting its own Wi-Fi network for setup.

• On your mobile device, go to its Wi-Fi settings screen and connect to the network name that begins with "Bose Soundbar".

• Open the Bose Music app and follow the instructions to connect the soundbar to your network. (If the app does not prompt you to setup your system, tap the My Bose icon in the upper-left corner, then tap the + to add a product.)

Let me know how you get on with this!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_L
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by GREEN_S

Hi GREEN_S,

Thanks for posting and joining us in the community!

We can certainly get your soundbar up and running on your Wi-Fi network, but not having the remote paired, is going to make this quite a bit trickier.

If it is possible to connect the speaker back to your router with an ethernet cable while you re-pair the remote it will make life easier. That way you can get the soundbar found by the app again and follow THESE steps to re-pair the remote.

If this is not possible the process for doing this is a little more complicated. You will want to follow these steps:

• On the remote control, simultaneously press and hold the Volume down and Left navigation buttons for five seconds to clear pairing memory of the remote. The Power, Source Power and TV Input icons at the top of the remote will blink three times.
  • On the soundbar, press and hold the Action ○ button for five seconds. The light bar will glow continuously while the button is being pressed.
  • On the remote control, press the Center navigation button once. Within a few seconds, the six source icons on the remote will blink three times to indicate it has paired with the soundbar.

Once the remote has been reconnected, this gets nice and easy from there. All you will need to do is this:

• On the remote, simultaneously press and hold the TV icon and Skip Back buttons for 3 seconds. When the light bar on the soundbar glows Amber, the soundbar is broadcasting its own Wi-Fi network for setup.

• On your mobile device, go to its Wi-Fi settings screen and connect to the network name that begins with "Bose Soundbar".

• Open the Bose Music app and follow the instructions to connect the soundbar to your network. (If the app does not prompt you to setup your system, tap the My Bose icon in the upper-left corner, then tap the + to add a product.)

Let me know how you get on with this!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

GREEN_S
Participant
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Yes this worked perfectly thanks very much! is there anyway of connecting spotify to alexa or google?

Sam_F

Hey @GREEN_S,

You can set up the Alexa or Google voice assistant from within the Bose Music app. Simply go to the Soundbar > Settings > Voice Assistant > Alexa/Google. Also, you'll need to connect your Spotify service to the Bose Music app services page. Once both connected, you Alexa assistant will be able to control your Spotify playlists once commanded.

Let me know how you get on and if you have any further questions!