Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wolfgang
Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2017

Change Account

I would like to change the account that is used for my homesystem, since I am happily channg from a 1-person household to a 2-person household. 🙂

How can I do it and what do I need to look out for? I am using an Amp with 4 Soundtouch 20, actually only using LINE-IN

Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Change Account

Author Accepted Answer selected by Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for the post.

Do you want to change the e-mail address for your account?  If so, my recommendation would be to create a new account, and add your speakers and sources to the new SoundTouch account with the new e-mail.  We are unable to change e-mail addresses associated with a specific account.

If this doesn't answer your question, please let me know!

Best,

Brandon - Bose Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for the post.

Do you want to change the e-mail address for your account?  If so, my recommendation would be to create a new account, and add your speakers and sources to the new SoundTouch account with the new e-mail.  We are unable to change e-mail addresses associated with a specific account.

If this doesn't answer your question, please let me know!

Best,

Brandon - Bose Support

View solution in original post

Wolfgang
Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2017

Thx for the info. Does that mean I need USB-connect to all speakers or is there another way?

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

Since the speakers are already connected to Wi-Fi, you don't have to go through setup again.  All you need to do is remove the speakers from your account, which you can do by going to Settings>Speaker Settings, selecting each individual speaker and clicking "remove speaker".  Once you've done that with all of your speakers you can log out of your account, and go through setup by clicking "Speaker is already connected to network", and creating your new account.  Follow the prompts and you should be back up and running in no time!

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Brandon