Alphasiderius
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

Change from iTunes to Media Player library in Soundtouch

Hi,

When I orginally setup the Soundtouch Desktop App on my PC, I was given a choice between linking it to an iTunes or Windows Media Player library. I chose iTunes. I now wish to change to the Media Player. I have not been able to figure out how to do this. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app does not give me the option. I would be most appreciative if someone could assist.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Change from iTunes to Media Player library in Soundtouch

Author Accepted Answer selected by Alphasiderius

Hi Alphasiderius, 

Thank you for the post. I can help you with this. The first thing to do is to open up the SoundTouch app on the computer that has the music library you would like to use. Then, go to Settings > Music Services > Music Library on Computer > [select your music library] > Remove Music Library. 

With the iTunes library removed, we'll be able to add the WMP library by following the same path. Settings > Music Services > Music Library on Computer > Add Music Library > My Windows Media Player Music Library > Add Music Library. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions! 

Kind Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Alphasiderius

Hi Alphasiderius, 

Thank you for the post. I can help you with this. The first thing to do is to open up the SoundTouch app on the computer that has the music library you would like to use. Then, go to Settings > Music Services > Music Library on Computer > [select your music library] > Remove Music Library. 

With the iTunes library removed, we'll be able to add the WMP library by following the same path. Settings > Music Services > Music Library on Computer > Add Music Library > My Windows Media Player Music Library > Add Music Library. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions! 

Kind Regards

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Alphasiderius
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

Thank you! Just what I needed to know.