Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsquareg
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2020

Changing from network to bluetooh

When I set up my new Soundtouch on my Windows10 desktop computer, I chose local network.  I've since realized I should have made it Bluetooth.  Is there a way to make that change without reinstalling Soundtouch.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Changing from network to bluetooh

Hi jsquareg,

You can have your SoundTouch speaker setup with a Wi-Fi connection and a Bluetooth connection to your computer. You don't have to change this in the SoundTouch app, or reinstall the app to do this!

To connect to your SoundTouch 10 with Bluetooth you will want to follow the steps below.

• Press and hold the Bluetooth®|AUX button for about one second until Bluetooth light on your speaker slowly blinks
  • On your computer, go to the Bluetooth settings
    • You can find them by clicking the Windows button in the lower-left, typing Bluetooth, then selecting Bluetooth and other device settings
  • If Bluetooth is off, turn it on
  • Select Add Bluetooth or other device
  • Select Bluetooth
  • From the list of available Bluetooth devices, select your Bose product, then click Done when it connects
    • If your speaker appears twice, select the one with the headphones icon. 
  • Once connected go to the Sound settings and choose the speaker as your output device

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!