Highlighted
Cheno
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 3, 2016

Cinemate 15 remote flashes three times everytime I try to entre new code

Hello everyone,
Can anyone help me as I'm having trouble with my bose Cinemate 15 remote control.
I initially programed it to control a Sony TV.  Then I had a Panasonic and it programed to that.  Now I want the original Sony to be back used with the Cinmate 15 but everytime I try to program the remote by holding down the TV button all the source lights flash three times, not all light up so I can release like the bose website, videos and instructions show.
There is not a hint of this happening anywhere online and it doesn't say anything about how to clear the remote (factory reset) either?
Talk about frustrating!
Please help!!!
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Cinemate 15 remote flashes three times everytime I try to entre new code

Hi Cheno,
Thank you for your inquiry, and sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with your Cinemate 15 remote. It’s definitely strange that the remote is behaving that way, but there are definitely some steps we can try to resolve this:

1. Remove the batteries from the remote, and reinsert them.
  2. Clear the device code currently programmed for the TV source.
    • On the remote control, press and hold a source button (in your case, TV) until all six source buttons glow, then release. The button that was held remains glowing.
    • On the number keypad, enter 981. The source buttons flash to confirm.

3. Follow these steps to program your universal remote to your TV:
    • Power on the source (TV) to control (Note: If programming fails, power off the source and retry)
    • Locate the code for the source brand in the provided remote code booklet
    • On the remote control, press and hold the source button for the device you want to control (i.e. TV or CBL-SAT) until all six source buttons glow, then release. Only the appropriate source button will glow
    • On the number keypad, enter the code for the source brand (Note: If all six source buttons blink three times, an invalid code was entered)
    • Press Volume + on the remote to select the first code for the brand
    • Test the source for basic functions (i.e. press power, channel up/down, guide, etc.)
    • If the source responds to basic functions, press Exit to save your settings
    • If the source does not respond, press Volume + on the remote to select the next code for the brand and test again for functionality. Repeat until a working code is found, then press Exit to save

You can also view this instructional video for help programming the remote:
https://youtu.be/kHQA5iUcXVE
If you go through all of the above steps, and still seem to be having the same issue; I would recommend contacting your regional support group, directly by phone. We will then be able to assess the issue and determine if a service option would be necessary.
You can find your regional support information here:
http://www.soundtouch.com/support
Thank you