listen
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 10, 2016

Cinemate GS ll with Apple Generation 4 controller

Purchased the Apple TV Generation 4 and all is working fine. Speakers are BOSE Inmate ll GS. The Apple Control does NOT control the volume level of the Bose Speakers. Is there a CODE for these speakers to be controlled with the Apple TV remote? If so how to and what is the code?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Cinemate GS ll with Apple Generation 4 controller

Hi Listen,
If all the IR remote codes listed for Bose in the Apple TV remote setup are unable to control your Cinemate system, then this control may not be possible. There are no additional code numbers we can provide that would assist you in what you are trying to do. 
The universal remote that came with your Cinemate may have Apple control codes listed in its booklet. These may allow you to program the Bose remote to control the Apple TV at least partially. This may or may not be an effective work around for you. 
Thank you for your question. 
Highlighted
listen
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 10, 2016

Thank You for your reply. 
To my misfortune,there was not one a Bose Universal Remote with my Cinemate speakers, in the box when purchased, just a small one to turn the system on and control the volume.
Could I get a Bose Universal Remote and would it control the Apple TV box, Bose Cinemate GS II, and Vizio TV?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

There is no Bose remote that would accomplish this. We might recommend a universal-learning style remote. The Harmony remotes from Logitech would be one example of this type of product. These type of remotes can learn and emulate commands from any IR remote control 
Thank you.