Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2016

Configure NAS problem

Here's the setup and problem:

I have a home wifi network and configured and tested my Soundtouch software with NAS connection - IT all worked fine.

I then went down to my man cave in the garden where we have an ethernet cable running to a TP Access Point that spurs out to a wifi. Obviously this has a different passcode etc.    Fromthis location the NAS cannot be seen.   Everything else works and the samsung tablet works perfectly on the Access Point wifi

Any ideas????

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2016

Re: Configure NAS problem

Is it a TP-Link router?  Just not sure about the TP.  Is the router set up as a client of the wired network?  I assume that the connection to the outside world is at the other end of the ethernet.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2016

At the ouse is a Netgear router/wireless box.

From this i ran a ethernet cable down the garden to the shed

In there i have attached a TP-LINK  WR802N

It configured itself when i plugged it to the ethernet.

It does have a separate wifi code to the one we use in the house.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2016

Can the Samsung tablet access the NAS from the shed?

If so, did you change the configuration of the ST 10 when you moved to the shed? The speaker remembers its network configuration, so you may have to perform a system reset, then set up the speaker from scratch again.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2016

I thought i tried a system reset but I can do it again.

I will try resetting it once i am down the shed and connected to the wifi there with all speakers connected in that location only.

FYI the Samsung Tablet can see the NAS if i look via ES File Explorer which is an android app.