GScara
Registered since

Dec 13, 2015

Connect SoundTouch 20 with AppleTV

Hi, 

As per the Post Title, I have not found a way to connect my recently purchased SoundTouch 20 with the Apple Tv.  When I try to pair it via Bluetooth it doesn't find it, same thing with AirPlay.  

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
This widget could not be displayed.
Bernher
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2015

Re: Connect SoundTouch 20 with AppleTV

I am assuming that you would like to output sound from the AppleTV to the Soundtouch.
Apple has only recently introduced the Headset feature to their AppleTV, in other words: you need the latest generation AppleTV (the one with Siri and the fancy remote with the touch pad) in order to be able to pair a headphone (or the Soundtouch) as a sound output device to the AppleTV.
If you have that model, here is the Apple support article on it:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205302
As for Airplay, the AppleTV (regardless of model) is an Airplay receiver, but not an Airplay sender. It will receive sound and video over Airplay.
Having said that, Airplay is only supported with the original Sountouch and the Soundtouch generation II. The latest and current Soundtouch generation III has eliminated the Airplay feature.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
This widget could not be displayed.
Bernher
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2015

Re: Connect SoundTouch 20 with AppleTV

I am assuming that you would like to output sound from the AppleTV to the Soundtouch.
Apple has only recently introduced the Headset feature to their AppleTV, in other words: you need the latest generation AppleTV (the one with Siri and the fancy remote with the touch pad) in order to be able to pair a headphone (or the Soundtouch) as a sound output device to the AppleTV.
If you have that model, here is the Apple support article on it:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205302
As for Airplay, the AppleTV (regardless of model) is an Airplay receiver, but not an Airplay sender. It will receive sound and video over Airplay.
Having said that, Airplay is only supported with the original Sountouch and the Soundtouch generation II. The latest and current Soundtouch generation III has eliminated the Airplay feature.

View solution in original post