Did you mean: 
Shlomit
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

Connect bass Module to soundtouch 300

I have soundtouch 300 Soundbar and i try to connect it to the bass module 

with no success  .

After trying to pair the status led on the bass module solid white but the connectivity indicator on but after scan is off 

i follow all steps in the link with no success no sound from the bass system 

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/articles/HC855/productCodes/soundtouch_300_pkg/article.html#

9 REPLIES 9
Charlotte_G

Re: Connect bass Module to soundtouch 300

Hey @Shlomit, thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community!

I am sorry that you're having some problems connecting your bass module to your SoundTouch 300 Soundbar. 

To confirm, the LED on the bass module is solid white but the link indicator on the soundbar is not showing anything?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Shlomit
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

Hi thanks for the quick replay 

the link indicator on the soundbar is not showing anything...... 

during the pairing attempt it blinked and also was solid for few moments but then turned off.

The Bass module never made any sound ....

Sam_F

Thank you for clarifying, @Shlomit.

To connect your Bass Module to your Soundtouch 300 Soundbar, please try the following steps:

1. Disconnect the bass module from power and wait two minutes.
  2. Then, after the two minutes, connect the bass module and look for a blinking amber LED on the module.
  3. On the remote control, press the SoundTouch button
  4. Press and hold 7 on the remote until the connectivity indicator on the soundbar blinks white. Once connected, the connectivity indicator on the soundbar glows white and a tone is heard from the soundbar.

If you notice a solid white LED, the module could be connected so I'd recommend testing it by playing some audio/video and then standing by the module to see if you notice any response. Let me know if this time around you're able to connect the module. If not, let me know if you notice any strange behavior.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
robinwindley
Participant
Registered since

Aug 9, 2020

I am having the same issues. When trying to pair the white pairing light blinks for a few minutes, presumably as the SoundTouch 300 is searching, then the pairing light glows solid for around 30 seconds before going off. At no time is the bass module emitting any sound.

Shlomit
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

Hi 

i done all you recommended 

but the result after the pair process ...the bass module Led have status Solid white 

but no sound out of the bass module

if Bose sale a product with such major problems why sale it ? Make a recall to all defect product 
Please advice what we should do ?

Thanks 

Tegan_M

So sorry to hear that this persists. 

I'd suggest next attempting a cabled connection between your bass module and soundbar. You can do this via a 3.5mm - 3.5mm cable. Do let us know if the bass module produces any audio with this connection. If this does produce audio, we will want to continue looking into your WiFi connectivity. 

Let us know how you get on.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
robinwindley
Participant
Registered since

Aug 9, 2020

I tried the cable connection option but still nothing? I should add that when connecting via cable the bass made a loud sound when I first connected, with the power on. Nothing afterwards though?

Sam_F

Thanks for giving that a try @robinwindley. I'm sorry to hear using the wired connection did not bring you any response from the bass module. The loud sound that you heard, did this sound like static, or a buzz that you'd hear when connecting headphones to an auxiliary port on a mobile device?

Also, what color was the LED on the module when you connected it directly to the soundbar with the 3.5mm cable?

robinwindley
Participant
Registered since

Aug 9, 2020

Thanks for the additional recommendation but I have taken the bass module back to the repair shop. They need it until end of first week of September so I will only know if they have managed to fix it sometime after that.