Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2017

Connect the soundtouch with a LAN cable

Connect the soundtouch with a LAN cable

The cinemate 130 soundtouch adapter has a connector for a LAN cable, but when connected to my router the operating lights do not turn on and therefore there is no connection.

This cinemate 130 soundtouch adapter can be connected to the LAN cable when we do not have wifi?
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Connect the soundtouch with a LAN cable

Hi fortasg,

Thanks for the question.  You can connect and disconnect Ethernet from the SoundTouch adapter at any time, and it should automatically take over from the Wi-Fi connection.  Is this a known working cable?  Can you connect it to a different device to make sure the cable and port on your router both work?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

Hello, I just successfully converted my ST 20 from wifi to Ethernet directly to the router (same router for wifi), but can't seem do do the same for my Lifestyle 535's ST adapter, which is wired through my home CAT 5 network. Any insight would be most appreciated, thanks in advance...

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi HDC,

If you connect the SoundTouch 20 to the same Ethernet drop as you are attempting to use for the 535, does the SoundTouch 20 indicate that it is connected via Ethernet? That would be one of the easiest ways to verify that the Ethernet drop is currently working. If the issue remains, have you tried to reboot the Lifestyle by first turning the system off, then pressing and holding the power button until the LED on the front goes out briefly?

Let us know how the above goes and we can take it from there if needed! Thanks!

-Michael

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

Hi Michael, thanks for the advice. I moved the ST20 downstairs and tested the wall port using a proven cable, and the port doesn't appear to be hot even though its one of a pair of ports on that wall; I run IPTV over the other. I'll have to try and figure out how to track down the network issue with that port... thanks again.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi HDC,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to isolate the issue to that specific Ethernet drop.

Let us know if you have any additional questions! Thanks!

-Michael

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2017

Hi Brandon

Yes, I tried the cable and the router and they are correct
When I connect the cable to the BOSE, it does not turn on any light that confirms that it is doing link. I have rebooted the system, I have left the button pressed to start the configuration, again and again and it is not possible to connect the system through the ethernet cable.
What can we do to fix this and be able to connect the system through ethernet?