Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2016

Connecting a Soundtouch 520 to a kenwood turntable?

Hi, I have a sound touch 520 wireless system, and I recently bought a vintage kenwood turntable kd-2070 and I'm trying to find out a solution to connect them together wireless, have somebody an idea how to do that?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Connecting a Soundtouch 520 to a kenwood turntable?

Author Accepted Answer selected by Gilberto Olivas Osuna

Hi Gilberto, 

Thank you for the post. The SoundTouch 520 does have an adapter where you can connect to it with a Bluetooth device. Inherently the KD-2070 does not have Bluetooth but you could get a Bluetooth adapter to connect to the turntable and then connect the adapter to the 520. One thing to note is that you will most likely need a pre-amp to raise the output of the turntable to be used by a Bluetooth adapter. You could also use our SoundTouch Wireless Link with the introduction of our wired input rebroadcast feature mentioned in the article HERE and then use our SoundTouch app to send the stream to the 520. You will still need a preamp for this configuration as well. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions! 

Kind Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Gilberto Olivas Osuna

Hi Gilberto, 

Thank you for the post. The SoundTouch 520 does have an adapter where you can connect to it with a Bluetooth device. Inherently the KD-2070 does not have Bluetooth but you could get a Bluetooth adapter to connect to the turntable and then connect the adapter to the 520. One thing to note is that you will most likely need a pre-amp to raise the output of the turntable to be used by a Bluetooth adapter. You could also use our SoundTouch Wireless Link with the introduction of our wired input rebroadcast feature mentioned in the article HERE and then use our SoundTouch app to send the stream to the 520. You will still need a preamp for this configuration as well. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions! 

Kind Regards

View solution in original post

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2016

i want to thank you for your support, and i have another question, as i mentioned before i have a sound touch 520, but i   also have a ps48III and its 5 satellite speakers, but i don’t have the media center, so i wish to know if the Bose SoundTouch WirelessLink Adapter is able to be connected with the 9 pin mini din cable to the ps48III and approach the soundtouch connectibity to expand my network. i would be so happy if i have both equipments working together. thanks in advance for your support.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi there,

Good question.  The PS48III and speakers will only connect to a compatible media center (labeled AV38 or AV48) so you would need to have one of those to utilize the speakers and the ST wireless link adapter.

Best,

Brandon