drumz
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2018

Connecting multiple inputs and outputs to SoundTouch 300 Wireless Soundbar

Hello,

I just purchased this sound bar and I'm really confused on setting it up... I was able to connect my Chromecast Ultra last night to the soundbar and pass it through to the projector and watch a 4k movie. However, I'm not sure how to connect the rest of my devices and have the option to switch output between my TV and Projector? What is the optimal way to do this? Do I need an HDMI splitter or HDMI switch? Seems the soundbar can switch inputs (as apparent on the remote) but not sure how. My devices:

Chromecast Ultra (HDMI)

Playstation 3 (HDMI and optical)

Bluray 4k player (HDMI and optical)

Samsung TV (2 HDMI inputs)

Epson projector (2 HDMI inputs)

Please help!

Thanks,

Zee

1 REPLY 1
Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Connecting multiple inputs and outputs to SoundTouch 300 Wireless Soundbar

Hi Zee

Thanks for writing in!

The SoundTouch 300 was designed to connect with a single audio cable to a TV which would have the necessary HDMI inputs.  

In this case, I would recommend looking into an HDMI switcher/splitter.  Once you have audio/video, at this point you would program the Bose remote to control your third party devices with the code list that came with the system.

A lot of these splitters/switches won't have the ARC ports but should have an optical output.  There shouldn't be a difference in sound quality as the soundbar only accepts Dolby Digital and DTS audio formats.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support