Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 2, 2017

Connecting my stereo to SoundLink Wireless Link to transmit vinyl to wireless network?

Hi, I have an old school stereo that I play vinyl records on, and I'd like to hear them from my Airplay connected speakers in other rooms. Can I use the AUX input on the SoundTouch Wireless Link to transmit audio from my vinyl turntable to my wireless network, using Airplay? Ideally, I would like to open the Bose SoundTouch app and select speakers while my stereo is connected to the Wireless Link, much as I already do in reverse in iTunes. 

I was almost ready to buy but wanted to doublecheck first to make sure before plunking down my $$.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Connecting my stereo to SoundLink Wireless Link to transmit vinyl to wireless network?

Hi geney, 

Welcome to the community! As a vinyl collector myself I can certainly understand the use case for this! Currently this feature is in Beta. We have an article explaining about this HERE. I'd recommend trying it but just make sure you can return the Wireless Link if you're not happy where the Aux rebroadcast feature is, since its still in Beta. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thank you!