Highlighted
Jbmmusic
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 27, 2019

Connecting older CD Player to Soundbar

Hi.  I have an older Sony 5CD changer that I would like to set up with my Bose Soundtouch 300.  My CD player does have an optical out.  I plugged that into the optical in on the Soundbar.  Keep in mind I also have my Samsung QF8 Tv plugged into the soundbar with HDMI ARC.  When ever I try to play the CD it starts out working great, but after a few minutes the system (soundbar and Acousti Mass 300) just shut off.  Is it cable confusion with the soundbar that I have both inputs used?  Do I have to unplug the TV every time I want to play the CD player?  And of course any time I turn the Soundbar on the TV automatically turns on...and visa versa...every time I turn just the TV on the soundbar turns on.  So I have two issues here........Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Connecting older CD Player to Soundbar

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jbmmusic

Hi Jbnmusic,

Thank you for your post regarding the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar. I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with your soundbar - we certainly will work to make this right for you.

The issue you are explaining could well be CEC-related. As @Xyz987 has correctly suggested, we would recommend turning off the CEC function on your TV - as well as the CEC function of your soundbar that you can find within the SoundTouch app.

To locate this feature:

1) Go to your settings on the SoundTouch app 

2) Select speaker settings

3) Select your soundbar from the list

4) Select the 'Advanced' option

5) Select CEC settings - and then turn this feature to 'Off'

You may have to contact your manufacturer in regards to controlling your TV's CEC settings.

We hope that this process we help solve the problem you have been experiencing. If the problem persists - please do get back in touch with us and we can continue to look into this further!

Warm Regards,

Sam - Community Support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Turn off the CEC if you don't want your soundbar and tv turning each other on and off.

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jbmmusic

Hi Jbnmusic,

Thank you for your post regarding the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar. I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with your soundbar - we certainly will work to make this right for you.

The issue you are explaining could well be CEC-related. As @Xyz987 has correctly suggested, we would recommend turning off the CEC function on your TV - as well as the CEC function of your soundbar that you can find within the SoundTouch app.

To locate this feature:

1) Go to your settings on the SoundTouch app 

2) Select speaker settings

3) Select your soundbar from the list

4) Select the 'Advanced' option

5) Select CEC settings - and then turn this feature to 'Off'

You may have to contact your manufacturer in regards to controlling your TV's CEC settings.

We hope that this process we help solve the problem you have been experiencing. If the problem persists - please do get back in touch with us and we can continue to look into this further!

Warm Regards,

Sam - Community Support

View solution in original post

Jbmmusic
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 27, 2019

Yes, this was very helpful, thank you!

Jbmmusic
Quiet Contributor
Registered since