Highlighted
PaultheBrit
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 5, 2017

Connecting to other internet Radio url's other than those listed in the APP

Hi the Bose Engineers, I have several Soundtouch units and love them, for quality and verisality. the list of radio Stations within the Internet radio App is good, but I am aware that many stations have alternative feeds using different formats or higher bit rates, some also provide track title info within the stream.

Please adapt the Internet radio interface to allow the users to add a known url so the Soundtouch can directly connect, regardless of the station icon listed in the App.

I realise that some formats might not be compatible, but having this option would be a usful additional feature for trial and error for the range of alternatives available.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Connecting to other internet Radio url's other than those listed in the APP

Hi PaultheBrit, 

Thank you for the feedback. I will forward this on to our development team for consideration. 

Kind Regards, 

Brent 

JimF
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

Hi,

This feature request would be very useful so thanks for considering it. 

Another useful enhancement to internet radio is metadata display, like current song, artist, etc. Many internet stations include this info in their streams and other applications like iTunes can display it. 

Would be be great to see this information in the Soundtouch app and on unit displays. And it should be possible as Soundtouch already does a good job displaying this info from other services. 

Thanks for considering,

Jim

Hi Jim, 

That would also be a great feature. I'd be happy to pass this on for you as well. 

Thank you!