SoundTouch10Update
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Connection of two Soundtouch 10 without App

Hello dear support,

I bought two Soundtouch 10 three months ago and I am happy with many things.

Apart from frequent connection problems, I can't understand why two speakers of a multi-room sound system can only be connected with the help of the app. Why can't you finally make sure that you can connect all Soundtouch devices on the net with the help of the remote control or directly on the device?
You offer a remote control and preset buttons, but to do what makes a multiroom sound system, you have to use the app?
That doesn't make any sense! On behalf of many people (I am very active in some Multiroom forums and the MyDealz forum), I ask you to change this as soon as possible.

Otherwise, not only will I return my two Soundtouch 10s, but I'll also be warning many about Bose's lack of customer proximity.

I hope you'll finally hear the customer's wishes.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Connection of two Soundtouch 10 without App

Hello SoundTouch10Update, 

Thank you for reaching out to us! I will be happy to help.

In regards to your query, All Soundtouch speakers are required to be set up on the app to be able to be rebroadcast through Wi-Fi. This is because the app acts as the Wi-Fi platform to be able to provide the multi-room functionalities to the speakers. This makes it easier to control multiple speakers with ease and in one app, without the app there is no interface to interact with the speakers or multi-room groups 

I hope this clears up any questions you may have, If you do have more questions please do get back in touch. 

Thank you again for getting in touch and enjoy your day! 

Liam - Community Support

Highlighted
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

You only have 30 days to return your Bose speakers if purchased directly from Bose.  If purchased somewhere, such as Best Buy, you have 15 days.  After that, they are your's to keep.

Highlighted
biljir
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

I too really wish I could connect two speakers without the app. The Windows app is more or less unusable for me because it pounds my computer's disk and CPU for over an hour trying to process my mammoth iTunes library when I start it. So these days I use SoundTouch with Bluetooth, but without the app, I can only play through one speaker. I HAVE submitted traces of the issue to Bose (quite a long time ago), but they clearly think they have much higher priority problems to work on (and I don't doubt that is a correct evaluation).

Is there a way to tell the app I don't have an iTunes library? I couldn't find one. I can add one (if I didn't already have one), but I don't see how to remove it. If I could get the app to believe I don't use iTunes, then I could use it to join speakers playing via Bluetooth.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hello Biljir, 

Thank you for getting in touch! I will happily assist you today! 

The best way to check if you have an existing iTunes library and to remove it is by following these steps:

-If you go into the Soundtouch app. Select the Menu button 
-Then select settings and then Music services. 
-You will see the music services that are added to your account. You will also see the "Music Library on computer" option in this section. 
- Select "Music Library on Computer" and then you should be able to remove any existing library. 

I hope that helps with your query. 

If you have any other questions please feel free to message again! 

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day! 

Liam - Community Support

Highlighted
biljir
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

Thank you. That worked. I thought that was one of the things I had already tried, but obviously not.