Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 28, 2018

Constant problems with Wave Soundtouch IV

My Wave Soundtouch IV used to work great, but not so much anymore. While listening to SiriusXM, it randomly pauses the station.  It also randomly disconnects from the station and says "select preset."  Also, the Pandora saved stations never play unless I select them from the app - when i select the saved station # from the remote, nothing happens. 

I have similar problems with my Soundtouch 10.  This is infuriating. Bose should just work - not cause constant problems!!  

And yes, my app and systems are up-to-date.  

Please help. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Constant problems with Wave Soundtouch IV

Hi AkashaEn,

Thank you for writing in, and we can definitely try to help you out here. We can understand how frustrating it can be when products stop working properly.

Have you tried rebooting the router? Have you checked the signal strengths for each system? You can see this in Settings>About and select the system. 

May we also have the make and model of the router? 

Thank you for the information!

Mohsin - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 28, 2018

Hi - thanks for your help!  I have rebooted the router multiple times.  We have a signal boosting system (eero) which works great for PCs, ipads, etc.  

The signal strength on the Wave reads as "Fair" right now.  I'm a bit surprised by that as my signal strength on other devices in the same location is strong.

The router is an xfinity TG1682G.

FYI, the same issues occur on the Soundtouch 10, which is in a completely different location in the house and is almost right next to the router. That one reads as having "Good" signal strength.

thanks!

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi AkashaEn

Thanks for replying back!

• Regarding the Pandora preset issue.  If you were to re-save the presets again to the assigned numbers, does this correct the issue?
  • Can you also try and sign out of Sirius XM and Pandora from the SoundTouch app?
  • Also please try to sign out of the SoundTouch account as well before re-adding the services above.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 22, 2017

@AkashaEn wrote:

The router is an xfinity TG1682G.

I suspect the Bose appliances are all connected to 2.4 Ghz (instead of 5.0 Ghz).  Here's a workaround: 

1.  Create an SSID and make sure it is broadcasted in the 5.0 Ghz radio (802.11a); 

2.  Disable Data Rates from 1- to 11 Mbps; 

3.  Configure Data Rates 12-, 18- and 24 Mbps as Mandatory; 

4.  Set the rest of the Data Rates as Supported; 

5.  If 802.11ac is enabled, turn it off; 

6.  If 80- or 160 Mhz channel bonding is enabled, set it to 40 Mhz.  

Once this is done, factory-reset the Bose appliances and let them join the new SSID.