Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2018

Constantly dropping Sirius only.

I have a SoundTouch 10 on my desk at work. Frequently Sirius will just stop playing. No indication that anything is wrong with wifi connection and other streaming services work fine. This also does not happen at regular intervals, but it is fairly frequent (up to 20 times a day, or as little as 3). Many time all i have to do is press the preset button and the channel resumes playing. Speaker firmware is current and WiFi signal strength is good to excellent. DHCP lease time is 24 hours.

To date I have power cycled the speaker, connected it to a different network (we have three available here) , removed the account and re-added it, changed presets and completely reset the speaker. 

The Sirius phone app or streaming from a desktop on the same network always works fine and does not drop.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2018

Re: Constantly dropping Sirius only.

I've had exactly the same experience with my SoundTouch 30 and WaveLink IV.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2018

Now, when I try to re-add my Sirius account, I get a 6021 error.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi @Gargoyle59,

Thank you for posting, I'm sorry to hear about all of the dropouts you are running into. I understand you said you have tried it on all the different networks in your work location. Are you able to take the speaker home and try it on that network?

Let me know if this is possible and what the results are.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello @shurdsj,

Thank you for the post. Can you try resetting your Sirius account password and try adding the account back to your SoundTouch application?

Let us know the result.

Kind Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2018

Sorry for the delay, didn't get a chance to take the speaker home until today. Unfortunately, i have the same issue -- periodic disconnects with Sirius. The speaker stays connected to the network and will play other streaming services line internet radio and Pandora without dropping, but Sirius keeps going silent. I have made sure that the lease time for the WiFi connection is 24 hours in all cases and have even reserved IP's by mac address. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi there Gargoyle59,

Thanks for testing.  You have tried multiple stations on SiriusXM, correct?

If you play SiriusXM from a computer or mobile device, do the same drop outs happen?

When the audio stops, how long is it quiet for before starting back up again?

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2018

It's only Sirius but it doesn't matter which channel I am listening to. I've tried the Blend, the Bridge, The Beatles, '80s, '70s and Coffeehouse and they all do it.

If I play Sirius through the app on my phone connected to the same network, it doesn't ever drop.

It never starts back up. That's the problem. I have to manually hit the preset button or go to the soundtouch app and hit play. Today I've had several instances of the music stopping and it looks like the app just stops it. With the app open the indicator goes from play to pause all on it's own and if I hit play, the music resumes at the point it stopped.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@Gargoyle59 thank you for keeping us updated. May I ask, has it ever worked without the dropouts/random pausing? 

Thank you again,

Mohsin

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2018

Yes. This is something that just started happening im March. I've had the speaker for almost a year now.