Jking231
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

Re: Continuous loop of not connecting and asking to put back in set up mode...

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy s8 and tablet is a kindle fire.  

@Hector_B wrote:

Hi Jking231, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

Can you please let us know which phone and tablet you have? If the device you are using is an iPhone please ensure that you don't have Wi-Fi assist enabled as this located under settings > Mobile Data > Wi-Fi assist. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Hector_B

Hi Jking231, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Could you please try force close and re-open the application as well as deleting and re-installing the application to see if this resolves your update issue. If you continue to have the connection issues then we can attempt to provide troubleshooting assistance but we have seen this be difficult for users over the community forums as there are many factors that can come be associated with networking issues.  

I would recommend that you reach out to our customer support team here, the reason for this is that it is easier for us to look into the issue further and take a look at your network settings and other factors that may be causing this connection issue. However if the community is more convenient/accessible then we're happy to try and assist via communities. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Jking231
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

Yes, I have noticed many other users have had the same issues.  I had read through the forums before reaching out myself, therefore, I have tried all of these troubleshooting steps several times before, including force closing the app and uninstalling and reinstalling it.  These same connection issues would pop up even before I got an updated router. I had been able to get them to connect to that old router, but the speakers would only "usually" work.  Now they won't get the initial connection to even just sometimes work.  

I understand that networks can be tricky with a lot of variables, but no other electronic device has ever had an issue connecting.  I have an amazon Alexa echo dot, kindle fire, laptop, desktop, cell phones, baby monitors, playstation, etc.  Everything else connects every time without a single issue.  The echo dot connects in a very similar way that the soundtouch app does.

Even when I had the Bose app working, it would freeze or shut down, or not support music services that it previously had supported, then support the same music service the next day.  I feel these are issues on your software/application side.  Maybe we can get the speaker connected with more troubleshooting, but why is it this difficult???  I am not an I.T. guy, but I'm pretty good with computers and this seems like a little much for a consumer wifi speaker.  Long story short, I'm losing patience and very disappointed in the Bose brand now.  Three speakers cost me approximately $1700.00 and they don't work.

Vicky_W

Hello Jking231, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I am truly sorry for the inconvenience that this is causing. 

Since you are still having issues the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. Your local team has the ability to remotely look into your computer and see if we can assist you further. I am sure that they will be able to assist you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!