Highlighted
RKim
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

Controling Soundtouch and Wave speakers with two different clients in the same wifi network

Hi,

I have the following issue/question and would appreciate help!

Say I have connection to my speakers via the Soundtouch app (I have a separate post on problems with this) and I set them up as Speaker 1 and Speaker 2 for example. I now want to use two different iphones with the soundtouch app so that two different persons in the same wifi network can play their music.

In my case I'm using the Soundtouch app on an iphone. When another person in the same wifi network wants to connect to the same speakers (iphone 2) I have to go through the same setup process to add the speakers. First I get the "looking for speakers" message. Then I click "add speaker". From the three options (wifi, Ethernet and already connected) I select "speaker is already connected to the network". It then goes on to find the two speakers along with their names that iphone 1 has given them. Yet I still have to hit the buttom "setup" and give the speaker a name. This is a simple process but it means that  iphone 1 lost that connection again and has to go through that very same setup again.

Same thing if I use an ipad.

I guess this can't be intended behaviour? Is it not possible to setup two clients (iphone 1+2) to control the speakers? What am I missing?

Thank you

RKim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
loire11
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2017

Re: Controling Soundtouch and Wave speakers with two different clients in the same wifi network

Author Accepted Answer selected by Brian_M

That's right! Use one account on all clients, that way you don't need to set it up all over again if you're gonna use a different device to control the speaker. 

So two phones, one account, both can control speakers. You can still control the speakers when the other one is not at home.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
loire11
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2017

Re: Controling Soundtouch and Wave speakers with two different clients in the same wifi network

Hi,

Just use one soundtouch account on each phone. Using another soundtouch account will remove the speakers on the previous account. That's is how they design the app.

Thanks!

RKim
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. Just to make sure I understand: I need to log in using the same credentials on all clients (iphone 1+2) I want to use to control the speakers and then it works?

If so, I find this confusing if this is intended. My use case is easy: I have two speakers and me and my partner want to be able to play our music when the other one is not at home without setting up the speakers every time!

Thanks

Highlighted
loire11
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Brian_M

That's right! Use one account on all clients, that way you don't need to set it up all over again if you're gonna use a different device to control the speaker. 

So two phones, one account, both can control speakers. You can still control the speakers when the other one is not at home.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
RKim
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

I'll give this a try, many thanks for your reply!

Kind regards,

RKim