Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 10, 2015

Cross border issues?

Hi anyone else with this issue? I bought my Soundtouch in the states as I have a residence there and was traveling through to my other home in Canada. I unpacked my models and proceeded to set them up, as I spend the majority of my time at my home in the states I registered the model as being in the US, however, it will NOT recognize itself as being there LOL and states as (correctly) as being a Canadian citizen hahahaha therefore only giving me a small percentage of channels available. My question - in a couple of months I return to my other residence across the border will it recognize itself as being in the States or still say it's a Canadian? I purposely bought a software ahead of time and altered my VPN to bypass the router signal and changed my location to North West US before registering it so I wouldn't have to go through this. 
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Cross border issues?

Hi tattmom,
For the purposes of regional settings and streaming service availablility, the SoundTouch determines its location automatically. VPNs, proxies or other methods of circumventing regional restrictions generally do not work with this product and we can't assist with bypassing this due to both technical and legal limitations. 
When you have the system set up to a network within the USA, it should similarly be able to recognize this and set access services accordingly. If you have trouble with this when back in the states, let us know and we will look into resolving it. However the shift should be automatic and seamless based on where the product is physically located.
Thank you.