tww
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 10, 2016

Custom Spotify playlists appear in SoundTouch app but won't play from there

I imported my iTunes playlists to Spotify (using the Spotify desktop app). All of the songs that Spotify had will play on my phone's Spotify app, however in that app SOME of the songs will not let you select a SoundTouch speaker while SOME will. ... Those playlists and their songs also appear in the SoundTouch app (under Spotify > Playlists), but attempting to press "Play All" results in "hmm... that didn't work. (1315)" or selecting individual songs displays "track is unavailable in your country."

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Custom Spotify playlists appear in SoundTouch app but won't play from there

Hello tww,

Thank you for posting. Can you find out what the file types are of the tracks that are not working through the SoundTouch app that you imported to Spotify? If you just use Spotify Connect within the Spotify app to play to the systems and then select Play All in the SoundTouch app, does the error still happen?

Let me know the results.

Joel - Bose Support

tww
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 10, 2016

Joel,

Thank you for the reply.

I don't know where in Spotify or SoundTouch that you can tell what the file types are. If that is possible, let me know how and I will look. Just to be clear, I imported a playlist into Spotify and not music files. When you import a playlist, Spotify atempts to find the songs in its own library. Files that Spotify can't find obviously will not play. I am only talking about those files that Spotify found and it will play from the Spotify app.

I can use Spotify Connect to start the songs playing on the SoundTouch speaker. Then if I go back to the SoundTouch app it will correctly show what song is playing, and I can press the skip forward and backward buttons in the SoundTouch app. Then, still in the SoundTouch app, if I go to Spotify > Playlists > [select the playlist that is currently playing] > Play All results in "hmm...that didn't work. Error 1315."

With that said, if I add just one song manually to the beginning of any of the offending playlists, then Play All in the steps above does work. And SoundTouch will play all of the songs, you just can't start from any of the songs that were imported rather than manually added.

It seems to me like there must be some anomaly in the internal descriptions of the files that were imported that doesn't bother Spotify but causes SoundTouch a problem. It's not a big deal as I seem to have a reasonable work-around at this point.

Hello tww,

Thank you for getting back to me with the additional information. Upon further looking into this, importing your library or playlist via Spotify is not supported right now by SoundTouch. However, I will be passing this along to the development team for future consideration. Thanks for sharing the workaround, so if other community members need the help, they will see your answer.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

ericmcmahon
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 10, 2018

The playlists of Spotify Music won't play here is that your Spotify Music is DRM-protected. If you want to get it playable, you can use TuneFab Spotify Music Converter to get your Spotify Music playable on any other devices.

Highlighted
tww
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 10, 2016

DRM is not the issue here. I have dealt with the DRM issue with specific iTunes songs  imported to a music server that SoundTouch will not play at all. In this case only the playlist was imported to Spotify, not the music itself. My imported Spotify playlists DO play entirely on the SoundTouch speaker, just not without some difficulty getting them started (I previously posted details and the work-arounds). With that said, if a side effect of the converter is that it cleans up whatever corrupt information is in the playlist that SouindTouch (and even the Spotfy app to a lesser degree) is sometimes choking on, then that would improve the solution; I have not tried the converter so I can't say that it will.

Harry Peter
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 27, 2018

Although you can transfer Spotify songs to SoundTouch app, you shouold know that Spotify tracks are protected by DRM technology, which leading SoundTouch can't recognize Spotify music directly. 

In order to play Spotify songs on it, you shold remove DRM from Spotify songs firtly with some Music Converter for Spotify

Here is complete tutorial including two ways for your reference: How to Remove DRM from Spotify songs. After that, you can play Spotify tracks on SoundTouch with ease. 

tww
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 10, 2016

As I already noted, my question was not about uploading music to Spotify but uploading the play list in order for Spotify to use the music it already has associated with the songs on the play list. So DRM is not within the scope of the topic.