Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2017

Re: DO NOT BUY SOUND TOUCH SERIES SPEAKERS - READ WHY BELOW

Yes, My phone device is connected with bluetooth, if i play a music with bluetooth, it doesn't play and i see the music is playing in phone without audio.. When i take the device outside from my study room then these speakers are starting to play.. only problem is when i keep the device inside the room then i am having problem. 

I have apple timemachine, wifi hp printer, imac and laptop and couple of bluetooth mac mouses, i thougt it is interferring with the devices but i tried to switch off and removed the devices from the room but still it is same problem. distance is not a problem, my kitchen and deck is far from the amplifier location than study and no issues there. only having in study room which is close to basement.

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Hi again 🙂

bluetooth is a short range radio signal, I guess when your in you Study you are over the limit.

Connect your device in your Study to the speaker in the Study via bluetooth and your problems should be gone.

Cheers,

Central

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2017

Hi I'm new to this forum and I too am having these problems - I have no idea why but it is really frustrating - as you have said expensive alarm clock/radio.... did get them to speak to each other once and the sound was really good - but seems i have to live on memory alone and try not to think of what we spent on these speakers!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2017

Yes, I tried to connect phone through bluetooth from study room to study speakers, but the connection is not stable in this room and this room is the nearest room to the amplifier compare to other rooms, Songs breaks all the time, and if i move out with my phone, then speaker plays good. The same issue is happening from mac pro and Andriod s6 edge plus on both devices. Other rooms are fine.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2017

Im sorry, my English is not the best. But I want to say, that I've never had such problems with SoundTouch Series. I own three Speakers (20 and 2x10) and my resume: Wonderful Sound, Connectivity without any problem and perfect usability - espacially with the Presets. And the App (on MacBook Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPhone 7plus) gets better and better. The only lack: no integration of AppleMusic. But thats all. I do not regret, that I've bought this system.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2017

Hi Your English is fine - thank you for your response.  I have to say yesterday all speakers updated and things seem to have improved somewhat.  I will put them all to the test tomorrow and let you all know 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2017

Yes, I understand the blue tooth is short signal but the speakers are close to the unit in basement compare to others speakers, i don't see any problems with other speakers which is little far from basement but these speakers are close to unit and having problems with the connections. After doing few times factory reset in amplifers itself and clearing the bluetooth device in soundtouch app setting now the bluetooth itself is not conneciton, i can see in bluetooth name shows in my android phone and after pairing when i connect to bluetooth in my andriod it keeps disconnecting immediately. Is there any problems in speaker itself? should i request for replacement speakers from my installation company ? Please guide me.

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Hi send2mkn,

Can you just put one of your working speakers in your study and test if this one works with bluetooth in there without problems?

Maybe something in your study is interfeering with the bluetooth signal. A working speaker from another room should work immediatelly if you have a faulty speaker.

Regards,

Central

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 6, 2016

You are completely wrong, I have had nothing but issues with my Soundtouch 130, I hate it and if you don't believe me you can buy it off me for half what I paid and you can enjoy similar benefits of an expensive and worthless audio system

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Locking this thread as it is now completely off topic.  If you have a question about your SoundTouch system, please create a new thread.

Thanks,

Brandon