Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itguy2000
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Deactivating standby on the Soundtouch 30 Series 1

This issue has dragged on for 4 years now. There are many threads, all closed by the admin saying the feature request would be passed on. Here we are 4 years later (that I know of) and no resolution. Just a lot of "solved" threads that arent solved. Maybe someone at Bose could actually get a definitive answer from the Dev group if they are ever going to do this? It can be done with a hack to the root so it CAN be added to the GUI.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
itguy2000
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: Deactivating standby on the Soundtouch 30 Series 1

Author Accepted Answer selected by itguy2000

This has been corrected. The option is now available in the GUI.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jessie_O

Hi Itguy2000, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community! 

I can understand the frustration that you must be feeling regarding the feature request.

At the moment, we do not have any additional information to add at this time. 

I will happily mark this post as a feature request and reopen the request with the team. However, If the feature has been on-going for four years and has not been actioned or developed, it's likely that it will not. This could be due to functionality, no benefit to the user, not enough support from other customers, to name a few. 

We thank you for your feedback and your continued interest in our products and their features. 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please do reach out to us again. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
CMC Media
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

I believe I have an issue with standby as well. After about 30 minutes with no audio input, "the speaker shuts off" according to the user.  The said they need to pull the power to get it back on. 

Question 1: is the speaker going into standby after 30 minutes with no input?

Question 2: is pulling power the only way to activate the speaker?

Question 3: is there a way to extend the standby time?

The manual states standby starts after approximately 2.5 hours.

Thank you

Jessie_O

Hi CMC Media, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community! I'll do my best to answer your questions.

The SoundTouch 30 has a standby timer of 20 minutes of inactivity. This should just power down the system and you will be able to power on again using the power button on the system or on the remote. The standby timer can not be altered. 

If you are experiencing issues with the system powering up after switching off automatically, there may be an issue with the power button on the top of the system, or with the remote control. Double-check that the power button works normally after resetting. I would also check the same with the remote.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can do, do not hesitate to reach out again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
CMC Media
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Jessie O,

Thanks for the reply.  I will pass this along.

Mitch

itguy2000
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Author Accepted Answer selected by itguy2000

This has been corrected. The option is now available in the GUI.

View solution in original post