Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 22, 2016

Deezer Audio Dropouts

hello, from Colombia, my question is, why since the last update, when i hear music through deezer i have drops outs all the time, ¿soundtouch dont work with buffering? if soundtouch working with bufering I think the sound would not pass falls, why dont work in this big mistake , since i buy mi bose 120 this problem happend all the time, what do you think about it??

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Deezer Audio Dropouts

Hi yusef14,
The SoundTouch system uses buffering with all streaming sources, including Deezer. If you are having trouble with intermittent audio from Deezer directly after the update, please try the following steps:

1. Unplug power to your Bose equipment and to the home router for 30 seconds. Once power is restored, allow some time for the speaker to reconnect before trying out Deezer again to test.
  2. If the issue persists, please perform a factory reset to your equipment. Once this is complete you will need to set it back up to your network as if it were brand new. The Steps for the factory reset can be found here: (https://www.soundtouch.com/KnowledgeCenterView#!/feedtype=SINGLE_ARTICLE_DETAIL&id=kA140000000GvFTCA...

Let us know if either of these steps resolves the trouble.
Thank you. 
Participant
Registered since

Aug 22, 2016

move my router to less than 1 meter away from sountouch, and I check the settings in the application and continuous out poor signal, and continues by cutting the sound, that I can do to fix this
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Hi Yusef, 
Can you indicate whether you completed the two steps from our earlier post? 
If the signal strength is low even when very close to your router, the SoundTouch system may be connecting to a different Wi-Fi access point in the home. If you have any extenders, repeaters, Airport Express units or other hardware extending the Wi-Fi range, unplug these entirely to test. Perform the factory reset (linked above) and set the system back up to the main router with all other AP's disabled.
Let us know the results of what you find.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 22, 2016

actually did what he told me last message, however continuous failure, plus I do not have any system of extension or anything signal and the signal remains weak, the router being less than one meter
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

If you are showing weak signal that close to the router and you are certain there is nowhere else you could be connected to, then the onyl other explanation is a hardware issue with your SoundTouch product. 
You would need to contact Bose support locally to discuss service on the product to correct this. Contact info can be found at https://www.soundtouch.com/support