thewild
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 24, 2016

Deezer Thumbs Up / Down

Hi

I used to be able to use the thumbs up/down on the remote to like/dislike songs on deezer, but this does not seem to work anymore.

Previously when using thumbs down, the sond would skip. Now nothing happens, the song keeps playing.

Is this the intended behaviour ? If yes, could youi please reverse it back to the way it worked before ?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Deezer Thumbs Up / Down

Hi thewild,

Sorry to hear about the lack of rating functionality in Deezer.

Are you doing this on radio stations or playlists in Deezer?

Can we try a full power cycle on everything?  Reboot systems, wireless router, and devices with the SoundTouch app installed.

If you thumbs down a track, can you manually skip it?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
thewild
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 24, 2016

Hi Brandon

I'm doing this on Deezer's flow. That's what I use the most.

If this is indeed a bug and not a known change from the new software, then yes I can try a full power cycle.

All the devices but the SoundTouch speakers are regularly rebooted, but I'll try to reboot the Speakers also. Note that I have 4 different speakers (ST300, ST30, 2xST10), and all of them show this problem, so I am not very optimistic about this.

Yes, I can manually skip a track after "thumbing it down". I'd rather have this done automatically like before though.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi thewild,

Thanks for the reply.  This isn't a known change in the software as it's completely counter-productive.  I don't think a reboot of the speakers will magically make everything work, but it's certainly worth a shot.

If this doesn't work, I'd like to escalate this to the engineering team.  In order to do that, I'd need log files.  Please follow these directions to get log files from the SoundTouch app and only one of your SoundTouch systems (I would recommend the ST30 as it will be the easiest to get logs from).  I'll e-mail you a request to upload those log files so we can get this escalated.

Thanks!

------

Collecting and Submitting SoundTouch Application and System Logs

In certain circumstances, a Bose moderator may request system and application logs to further diagnose a SoundTouch related issue. Note that unless requested otherwise, BOTH system and application logs should be collected. After a moderator requests these files, the community user will receive a Dropbox file request sent to their community (not SoundTouch) account's email address.  

Note that a Dropbox account is NOT required to complete the file request.  After the files have been uploaded, Dropbox offers an opportunity to register but this is strictly optional. 

To collect system activity (SCM) logs:

If the app can find the system on the network:

• Insert a USB drive into SETUP B connector on the back of the SoundTouch system
  • In either the computer or mobile SoundTouch app, select Menu > Settings > About, then select the system you are trying to capture logs from
  • The system's log file will be written to the connected USB drive

If the app cannot find the system on the network:

• Insert a USB thumb drive to system before starting the troubleshooting. The USB thumb drive should have 2MB free space available 
  • Within two minutes of seeing the failure on the system, press and hold 5 and Volume - until the countdown in the display ends 
  • Press Volume - once to display the item 1.1 Ethernet MAC address. Document the Ethernet address shown
  • Press Volume - once to display the item 1.2 Wi-Fi MAC address. Document the Wi-Fi address shown
  • Press Volume - four times to display the item 2.3 IP Address. Document the IP address shown
  • If "2.3 Network SSID" appears, the system software is not up to date. Press Volume + to display 2.2 IP Address
  • Remove the USB drive. A file name starting with 'logread' should have been written to the USB drive. (e.g. logread-2013-11-1-14-30-23.txt) 

Note:  SoundTouch Portable, SA5, SoundTouch 300, and SoundTouch 10 systems require use of a USB to micro USB adapter similar to this:

USB to Micro_.jpg

SoundTouch Application Log Tool Instructions

The SoundTouch System Log Tool is an application that will help you create and collect logs when encountering issues with SoundTouch products and software. 

• Navigate to the Program File folder where the SoundTouch Application has been installed
    For Windows, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\SoundTouch
    For Mac, navigate to the Applications folder and open the SoundTouch folder found there
  • Run the “SystemLogTool” program in the folder

system_log_tool.jpg

• When the application opens it will automatically search for any SoundTouch system(s) on your local network
  • Any SoundTouch system on the local network will appear in the window regardless of series, software, or attached server. If a SoundTouch system has not been named during a previous setup it will appear with the default system name i.e. SoundTouch A1FD03
  • Select the system(s) from which you would like to collect logs
  • Select the method you would like to use, you can choose:
    Collect Logs Now – This option will collect system and installer logs
    Run Then Collect – This option will open a logging version of the SoundTouch app. Once the app is closed it will collect system, installer, and application logs
    In most cases you should choose option B. If you choose option B (Run Then Collect) a logging version of the SoundTouch app will open
  • Recreate the issue you are encountering and, when finished, close the SoundTouch application
  • After several seconds a .zip file will appear on your desktop labeled “2015-08-12T12-15-29-SystemLogTool” where the beginning string of numbers is the date and time.

system_log_files.jpg

Highlighted
thewild
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 24, 2016

Hi Brandon

OK, I'll reboot the speakers and keep you informed.

Thanks for keeping track of this.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

You're very welcome.  Let me know what happens and send those logs if the reboot fails.  

Best,

Brandon