Highlighted
Suresh Kumar
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Deezer

Hi,

I recently noticed that Deezer has come out with Deezer H FI.  The subscription expensive than the premium one .   when I go thru thier site  about Deezer HIfi , they mentioned that :  "CD Quality, lossless Audio & Flac"  . Also there is a remarks "Flac Supported Device" 

Now my question is  what is  "Flac"?  Is soundtouch , Wave II & Bose 535 is Flac Supported device ?

My understanding when we use Bose speakers thought the sound qulity is low bose will take care and improve the quality of sound / music? is it correct ? In such a case those who are having bose systems "Deezer premium " is  enough? or still we need  "Deezer HIFI".

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DavidSJ
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

Re: Deezer

Author Accepted Answer selected by Suresh Kumar

Hi buddy,

Deezer hifi is not on bose yet. See here. That is a list of devices that Deezer is on, such as Soundtouch. However it also shows that Soundtouch is not using HIFI yet. 

HiFI Flac just means the music plays at 16 bit and is of cd quality instead of MP3 quality. 

Do some googling and you will learn more about Flac and keep an eye out for when Deezer goes hifi. Atm its not worth paying extra for.

Take care

David

2 REPLIES 2
DavidSJ
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Suresh Kumar

Hi buddy,

Deezer hifi is not on bose yet. See here. That is a list of devices that Deezer is on, such as Soundtouch. However it also shows that Soundtouch is not using HIFI yet. 

HiFI Flac just means the music plays at 16 bit and is of cd quality instead of MP3 quality. 

Do some googling and you will learn more about Flac and keep an eye out for when Deezer goes hifi. Atm its not worth paying extra for.

Take care

David

Suresh Kumar
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Dear David,

Ton of thanks to you for your update.  While i was talking to Deezer they said  Deezer HI supports Bose soundtouch but realized after seeing your email .

Again thanks for your alert.