morganal
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 29, 2017

Default speaker

Hello

I have a Soundtouch 10 in my office where my Windows PC is.  When i start the app on the PC, the speaker presented to me is another system elsewhere in the house.  I then have to scroll through my speakers to select the speaker I actually want.  Not difficult, but a pain after you've done it for the hundredth time.

Since I intend to use the PC app always with the speaker system in the same room as the PC, I would like to able to set things up so that it is that speaker which is the first one presented to me by the PC App.  Is this possible?

Thanks

Alasdair Morgan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Default speaker

Author Accepted Answer selected by morganal

Hi morganal and Mattyboy, 

Thank you for the question. Currently the app will default to the first system that you added to your account. To reorder them you'll want to remove them from your account and re-add them in the order that you would like. Here is how to remove your systems:

Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > [select your system] > Remove Speaker

To add them back in follow the same path only selecting "Add Speaker" and "System is already connected to network"

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Kind Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Mattyboy
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Hi there,

I also have a similar issue. I have a Soundtouch Wave IV in my living room which I originally set up first and then added 2 Soundtouch 10s, one in my kitchen the other in a bedroom. When i open up the app it now shows the Kitchen speaker 'when it always used to show living room', it gets annoying having to keep swiping to living room. All was working well until the infamous last update.

Regards

Matt

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by morganal

Hi morganal and Mattyboy, 

Thank you for the question. Currently the app will default to the first system that you added to your account. To reorder them you'll want to remove them from your account and re-add them in the order that you would like. Here is how to remove your systems:

Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > [select your system] > Remove Speaker

To add them back in follow the same path only selecting "Add Speaker" and "System is already connected to network"

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Kind Regards

View solution in original post