Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2016

Delay in playback via Airplay

Since updating my Soundtouch 20 to the latest version software, I am experiencing issues with kicking off Airplay from my iPhone/iPad.  The reason of using Airplay over the Bose Soundtouch player is the fact that you cannot scrub to the middle of a track, plus it is convenient to switch from playback on my device headphones to playback on the speaker when coming home.
When listening to a song on my phone and changing the output to Soundtouch, the track keeps playing but no sound is coming of out the Bose speaker. I can sometimes fix this skipping forward a track and then back. If I do nothing, it can take up to 3 minutes for sound to come out of the Bose speaker.
I am using the following:
iPhone 7 Plus (iOS 10)
iPad Air (iOS 10)
iPad Pro (iOS10)
Bose Soundtouch 20 (Software 13.0.9)
The soundtouch is connected via ethernet cable to the router. I use an Apple Airport Extreme for the home wireless network, which itself is connected via ethernet to the router.
Many thanks
Nic
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Delay in playback via Airplay

Hi Nic,

Many apologies that you are experiencing this.  We are aware of this issue and will be fixing it with our November release. Until the release, a power cycle reset of the SoundTouch 20 as well as your router may help.

Thank you

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2016

Re: Delay in playback via Airplay

Thanks for the reply Brent. I will look out for the November update and see if that makes the airplay problem go away.